Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a program that runs in the background that makes your screen like a iphone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a program that runs in the background that makes your screen like a iphone

not cloning an ipod i dont have one but making it scroll and zoom and move the zoomed image around like the iphone and for that mater is there a multi input touch screen/panel that can do this if not all of them can
    1992 thunderbird .... white with black interior gaming PC 500 watts of power per channel and 1000 watts to the sub unknown psu and a V6 supercharged that came stock. ........... I need help

I doubt there is an 'add-on' sorta app like you're describing that would make it like the iPhone. However, regarding your query on a multi-touch screen... both Dell and HP make these on their integrated desktops and I think Dell have them available as a standalone. The only issue they are are desktop screens and therefore large. Windows 7 supports multi-touch, but i'm unsure if Windows XP or Vista do.
    CarPC Install
    -------------
    New car: Soon!
    Hardware: Input for testing, no actual CarPC Yet.
    Front-End: 10% Done.

Comment

lol @ enforcer, iphone fail at it's finest, props to you good sir =P

@ OP, the zoom feature would be nice, but it can get annoying as well, might even freeze. Best bet is to get a mini keyboard and just zoom in that way (ctrl + +/-)

Btw, isn't the multi-touch feature patented by Apple? the google phones have em hidden in their code, but disabled so I'm thinking it's something Apple doesn't wanna share...

Comment

Originally posted by Chronus72488 View Post
        lol @ enforcer, iphone fail at it's finest, props to you good sir =P

@ OP, the zoom feature would be nice, but it can get annoying as well, might even freeze. Best bet is to get a mini keyboard and just zoom in that way (ctrl + +/-)

Btw, isn't the multi-touch feature patented by Apple? the google phones have em hidden in their code, but disabled so I'm thinking it's something Apple doesn't wanna share...
        agree on the main issue in the thread, just wanted to correct the Apple thing. They dont hold the patent, since multitouch has been around much longer than the iphone has. Remember Microsoft had its tabletop-PC with multitouch for years prior. And all HTC phones for the past few years are multi-touch, and it is not that it is locked down, but windows mobile 6 and android dont support multitouch. Rumors are that WM7 will have multitouch.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Oh really? Good to know, because I had a friend who was messing with the G1 when it came out, and there was a lot of talk about why the multi-touch feature was disabled by Google, from what I heard about it was because Apple had some kind of patent issue with it or something. Makes me wonder why Google really did disable it on the G1's then..

Anyway, another idea for the OP, found this while surfing the web
          http://labs.blackbaud.com/NetCommuni...icle?artid=662

Seems like an iPhone emulator that uses the same Webkit that the iPhone Safari uses on windows. Maybe this'll help you get on the right track?

Comment

@2k

my motorola droid is multitouch capable, its just not built into the OS, but its in the API. apps can implement it, but its not standard. pretty annoying. apparently in the european version of the droid, called the milestone, it is enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by roflcopter View Post
              @2k

my motorola droid is multitouch capable, its just not built into the OS, but its in the API. apps can implement it, but its not standard. pretty annoying. apparently in the european version of the droid, called the milestone, it is enabled by default.
              Even the eris and other HTC phones have multi-touch enabled when shipped.

It is part of the android sdk but was disabled on the droid for some reason (i've heard different answers depending on who you ask). Theres speculation that that might change in the march update but I guess well see.
              openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
              - Always Recruiting Developers -
              Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Working...
              X