No announcement yet.

GM '89 ALDL Celebrity HELP!!!! (Scanning)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM '89 ALDL Celebrity HELP!!!! (Scanning)

okay, my car is gettin old and i need more info to be able to diagnosis problems.

I tried testing with the MAX232 chip and the RESISITOR coupled with the diode Ė all to no avail. Basically, I ended up bunging up my 12277330 ECM (may be recoverable since the power outtage).

The thing that I find amazing is that 89-ish GM celebritys are EVERYWHERE!!! How is it that I can find a *.DEF file for the for ANY program. I tried using ECM852 (probably a wrong thing to do) seeing as how it meesed up my ECM (it may have fix from a power cycle, but I didnít chceck Ė simple the codes caused it to bung).

Here is what I have: 1989 Cheverlot Celebrity with an 1227730 ECM>

I need software that will work with it Ö I donít care If I have to pay (although nice would be nice).

Címon Ö people must have experience with Celebrity Ö there are millions of them out there.

Plesae send me any and all info that you can.

If you're willing to pay, you can find an ecm on craigslist for pretty cheap. It will probably come with the rest of a car, but then you'll have some spare parts.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk.

Hey, welcome to mp3car!

Unfortunately, this forum is really dedicated to the process of putting computers in our cars (carputer). You might be better off trying . The 730 ECU is used in a lot of GM vehicles, among them a bunch of third gen camaro/firebirds, so software that works with them, should work for you.

I would hate for you to wait around these forums, when an answer would be more forthcoming on a more applicable forum.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      My Shop