FreeDrive 0.2 beta by CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeDrive 0.2 beta by CdRsKuLL

Hi all, well I've decided to release what i've done so far, i'm not going to get much chance to do any coding in the next few days, so thought it would be a good time to get some feedback and thoughts of what i've done so far.

Below is the link to my latest D3 Frontend release called 'FreeDrive'.

FreeDrive 0.2beta

To get the full effect you will also need to download the visual 'ALL' folder, which is below and install into C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visu al

Visual All folder

Please note:- the speedo, number of sats and eta/etr dont work right yet.. there for the next version

hope you all like it

CdRsKuLL
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Good stuff

Trip planner - coming soon

You are a tease

I like the alternating buttons (2D when in 3D mode and 3D when in 2D mode)

I don't see the Freedrive task along the taskbar

Where's my 'clarity' mode?

Just need a version I can skin now...
    A calm approach in a troubled world...
    http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
    DC UK Forum

Comment

will fix the taskbar.. opps forgot that click, as for your clarity mode, go into the settings.ini where you installed it and turn showtime=0 ;-)

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

done the install..works great, but when i try to launch it i get type mismatch!

Comment

edit: never mind, didn´t put the files in the destinator folder...
          you kinda missed the street number button

Comment

Originally posted by Dj_Aleks
            edit: never mind, didn´t put the files in the destinator folder...
            you kinda missed the street number button
            yeah, still not sussed out away to grab the house numbers yet. I will be playing with different ways in the next couple of weeks :-)

just uploaded a fixed version, that displays a taskbar now. .also its sort of skinable. lol two pictures and the text colours. so its sort of :-)

CdR
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Finally! A skinning system I can understand!!!

Honestly - awesome stuff man. Can't wait to see the final result
              www.carolinacarclubs.com

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                yeah, still not sussed out away to grab the house numbers yet. I will be playing with different ways in the next couple of weeks :-)

just uploaded a fixed version, that displays a taskbar now. .also its sort of skinable. lol two pictures and the text colours. so its sort of :-)

CdR
                yeah! noticed that
                though i have to say i love the "tech" look too it...it´s kind of the one thing iv´e been missing with other software/frontends...there´s no real good designs..but this...this could really become something =)

Comment

uploaded a updated version, now has a resizing frame, and the taskbar name corrected
                  :-)
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Used it going to work today and it seems fine.
                    Couldn't find "showtime" in the ini, so I added a row with "showtime=0"
                    but I couldn't see any differance.

I like what you're doing, getting rid of the built-in menus and using your own, makes a better user interface and gives a cleaner look.

/M

Comment

sorry, I ment timedate=1 change that to 0.. I've used that many different things in the coding, and re-wrote it that many times I loose track of what everythings called. Yeah change that and it will make the map full size from top to bottom. Will get the speedo, eta / etr and number of sats working this week, and I will also clean afew other bits that keep niggling me.

cheers

CdRsKuLL
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                        sorry, I ment timedate=1 change that to 0.. I've used that many different things in the coding, and re-wrote it that many times I loose track of what everythings called. Yeah change that and it will make the map full size from top to bottom. Will get the speedo, eta / etr and number of sats working this week, and I will also clean afew other bits that keep niggling me.

cheers

CdRsKuLL
                        lookin´gooood =) can´t wait for the new update =)

Comment

It really looks like one of the best screens I've seen for GPS. Everything's big and readable and it includes all the information you could possibly want without taking up too much map area.
                          Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

First of all, its VERY fast, what is more then appreciated. Its lightning fast!
                            Secondly, its interface still not very customisable and keyboard/remote-aware what I was hoping for
                            Thirdly, bug report: slicking "next" button in main menu causes entire screen to redraw (which is weird), while pressing "back" button only redraws menu window (which is righ I believe). Otherwise, no bugs... hmmm... thats strange.

Comment

ok, got a few things sorted on it now.. been thinking about making it fully skinable, doing this you will loose the option of resizing, but you will be able to place everything you want where you want it and use what ever pic's you want. For the moment I'm working on getting the speed and sats working, this needs a rewrite of the gps com port page so be a couple of days. The skins will have two jpg's for now. one day and one night, this will then enable you to tie in the gps to look the same as your dash/car/skin already in use.

CdR
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X