RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.3 beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.3 beta

Ok some major improvments in this release.

FreeDrive 0.3

New in this version
    - Speedometer now working
    - Sats now working
    - ETA / ETR now working
    - Fully skinable (main page)
    - GPS Config Page added
    - Support of NMEA GPS units (SIRF still needs doing)
    - Touch menu option (tap the map for the menu, no button needed)
    - Skin config page, change them LIVE !

Bug Fixs
    - Redraw on menu change

You can grab it at the FreeDrives website which is HERE

Please let me know what you think, If any bugs found. No requests at the mo, just want a stable version. Already planned for 0.4 is sirf compatable and a couple of other things.

thanks

CdRsKuLL
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Heil CDRSKULL!

Comment

Looks good fella ..... :-)

Already tested but thanks for the beta

Comment

quick question thought: How do I turn off right side slider so it does not appear on screen at all as seen on taster3.jpg picture?
        And yeah, expect some skin from me

BTW I am unable to close FreeDrive from keyboard...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi m8, the slider doesnt show when in 3d mode :-) only in 2d. I understand what you mean when you say you cant close it via keyboard.. I will add some keystrokes to the next version :-)

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Sorry for beeing unclear.. its just pressing Alt+F4 closes SDK within Freedrive, but then you can only kill it from Task manager. It does not respond to another Alt+F4 nor I can close it from task bar using mouse (no context menu appears). It could be great to have ability to completelly close by single keystroke... you know, i am tochsreen-less

Anyway, thanx for your great work and enjoy your weekend!

Comment

ahh.. so you are killing via F4, yep thats the SDK's crappie way it runs, if you close the app with the exit from the menu it shuts down the SDK correctly. I will look into subclassing itself and check for the destory command.. if it gets it, it will close the SDK down before itself. Thanks for the info, I would of thought this might be a problem with other apps (frontends) that do this.

CdR
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Posted

http://dashboardmonkey.com/article.p...50206011242755
                Posted for you

Dave
                -----------------
                Dashboard Monkey - CarPC News, reviews, installs and more
                -----------------

Comment

cheers Dave.. btw nice site. I did do a review site 6 months or so ago, all php based was ment for anyone and everyone to do reviews on the stuff they bought, to help others out.. just didnt really happen :-) trying to get peeps to do a review on summot for free is tricky.. anyway if you think any info on there, or php you need might help you out, then ask away.. o yeah.. www.pccar.co.uk :-)

CdR
                  Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Will be in touch very soon to go over some things we have planned to see if you may be able to help

Glad you like the site, seems to be the general feeling from the whole community which is fantastic! It should evolve again this weekend.

Dave
                    -----------------
                    Dashboard Monkey - CarPC News, reviews, installs and more
                    -----------------

Comment

Think I may have found a 'bug' when entering an address:-

Screen shot attached, all I did was click address on the menu:

Comment

yeah I forgot to reset the last id value before I packed it up for the installer.. go into settings.ini for FreeDrive and change lastcityid= (remove the number) that should sort it out. :-)

Let me know if this fixs it. Will remember to reset my settings.ini next time

The reason this happened, is that its trying to find city 24106 in the list of your citys. If your using a different map to me that doesnt contain this many citys it errors..

CdR

p.s btw thats the pre-release version your using :-) theres a few fix's in the released one ;-) like destinator 3 not appearing on the keyboard

ok.. update ok just added aline of code to stop this error :-) uploaded new installer but its still called the same :-)
                        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

hello, just a little ting, when I freedrive starts up, for a second or 2 "Label 2" is displayed on the bottom bar.

also, is there any way to remove this bar all togeather? since current location is already displayed at the top?

... very impressive tho... like the layout, and the fact its touchscreen friendly!

mick.

Comment

also... is there any way we can have an option to search for addresses via
                            streets then city?

Comment

The bottom bar shows current position ,house number, it replaces the bar on d3 that houses sat's info,etc thats hard to read because of small text. The top bar shows only when in routing mode. The reason this is left in, is when using some of D3's dialog boxs it uses the whole of D3s window.. and if I loose the addressbar at the bottom, you would find the dialog box extend over the freedrives window. This also causes other complications when trying to embed the app, as it thinks the window is bigger than it is. duel to the D3 dialog box overhanging the form) As for streets / city. I have already included the code but havent enabled it yet, due to the time it takes to compile the list (over 40 sec's) so it just looks like the app has frozen. I will be looking at this again in the next week to see if I can speed this process up.. under 5 sec's would be fine I think. I will remove the 'label 2' text so nothing appears on start up :-)

CdR
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X