Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Requests

    Freedrive is getting to the point where I want to start adding new things now. Heres a couple of things that will be in the next release.

    - Birds-eye view
    - Mouse hide/show

    Thinking about

    - Sound on/off
    - Speed Cameras
    - Menu's skinable
    - Some sort of communication so other apps can get info from freedrive
    - Hotkeys
    - Voice input
    - Tracking
    - Record and playback
    - Intergrated traffic infomation, via gprs and xml files

    any other ideas ?
    Follow me on Twitter

    http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

  • #2
    I'll take care of the voice input part if provided by a good SDK
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

    Comment


    • #3
      i like the possibility to save a location on the fly and add a comment to the spot by microphone. If you then pass the location later the recorded message is played!
      MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by aguila
        i like the possibility to save a location on the fly and add a comment to the spot by microphone. If you then pass the location later the recorded message is played!
        Don't know about the comment part, but I'll add a save location command
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

        1995 Lexus SC300

        Comment


        • #5
          The ability to execute programs dependant on location?? i.e home, work, Wifi Point 1,2,3,4,5 etc

          Ability to add Wifi Access Points on the fly for those of us with on-board wifi (a manual system)

          Comment


          • #6
            nice idea, I support that
            MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 0l33l
              Don't know about the comment part, but I'll add a save location command
              Hi fella, need some pointers on how to go about intergrating voice, as never played with it before.. as for saving position by voice. I've already added a save position button, that when pressed switchs you to a keyboard & textbox, you then either have the choice on typing a name for the location, or if you just click add, it will save the name as the address which is shown on the save page. :-) It then adds it to your Fav's list so its easy to recall.
              Follow me on Twitter

              http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                The ability to execute programs dependant on location?? i.e home, work, Wifi Point 1,2,3,4,5 etc

                Ability to add Wifi Access Points on the fly for those of us with on-board wifi (a manual system)
                Yeah like this idea.. dont think it would be to hard to do either, just a case of matching long / lat to stored values.. if the values match then do whatever. I think it would be a great idea to add Hotspots on the fly, without user action.. I will have a look into netstumbler. Would be kewl to be able to just look at the map and know where free hotspots were.
                Follow me on Twitter

                http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                  Hi fella, need some pointers on how to go about intergrating voice, as never played with it before.. as for saving position by voice. I've already added a save position button, that when pressed switchs you to a keyboard & textbox, you then either have the choice on typing a name for the location, or if you just click add, it will save the name as the address which is shown on the save page. :-) It then adds it to your Fav's list so its easy to recall.

                  Very good, is it possible to edit the name later? In what file is it saved? What can I do with this possition later, can I connect a sound file to be played when I pass the point again? Do you see a logo on the map on the saved location?
                  MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Or failing that, store the lat/long on a website for hotspots and download/upload details, I'll happily do the code to do it if necc.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                      Yeah like this idea.. dont think it would be to hard to do either, just a case of matching long / lat to stored values.. if the values match then do whatever. I think it would be a great idea to add Hotspots on the fly, without user action.. I will have a look into netstumbler. Would be kewl to be able to just look at the map and know where free hotspots were.

                      why is there 50% in your signature? Freedrive seems rather developed alteady to me? What else can we expect, or should this 50% be updated
                      MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by aguila
                        Very good, is it possible to edit the name later? In what file is it saved? What can I do with this possition later, can I connect a sound file to be played when I pass the point again? Do you see a logo on the map on the saved location?
                        Yeah your Fav's icon appears where all the saved places are. Unsure if you can link sound to it. As for editing the name I can do this no probs. I only have a delete and go option at the mo. Its saved in Destinators 'My Favorites' POI file.
                        Follow me on Twitter

                        http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                          Or failing that, store the lat/long on a website for hotspots and download/upload details, I'll happily do the code to do it if necc.
                          yeah thats a good idea. not saying it will be done tomorrow, but a great idea, and if I can do it I will.

                          re- 50% complete.. lol yeah might be nearly 60% now. I still got lots to do, I've just added birds eye view and hidemouse. I really want speed camera intergration.. that and sirf gps compatability is the next thing I want to do

                          may take a couple days break, see what other ideas appear
                          Follow me on Twitter

                          http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                            Hi fella, need some pointers on how to go about intergrating voice, as never played with it before.. as for saving position by voice. I've already added a save position button, that when pressed switchs you to a keyboard & textbox, you then either have the choice on typing a name for the location, or if you just click add, it will save the name as the address which is shown on the save page. :-) It then adds it to your Fav's list so its easy to recall.
                            For voice output I'd go with SAPI5/6. It will basically read anything that you want. For my app, I have configurable voices, so I can ask if I want a female or a male voice.
                            But I was talking about voice input not output
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

                            1995 Lexus SC300

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              sorry yeah thats what I ment input not output. Would be nice to say 'save' then voice some text then say 'add' ..
                              Follow me on Twitter

                              http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X