Is Free Drive Worth It???!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Free Drive Worth It???!!

Hi, I am excited about freedrive, but what GPS works with it. The homepage doesn't give much info for people not familiar with it. Also, is it a good mapping system? There are not many comments about it. Thanks.

if it works with destinator, it works with freedrive (also if it works with mapmonkey, it works with freedrive... they're both based off of destinator)

Comment

Should work with any NMEA GPS (most of them). The maps are from Destinator as wizawuza said..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

The thing you must consider with that question is... Is freedrive worth what exactly?

It won't cost you anything....

Comment

I will be releasing a new version next week, it will contain a few upgrades. It will work with any nmea gps units. I'm working on a flash RR skin at the moment as well as tweaking Freedrive along the way. Guino had helped me by adding a SDK to freedrive so it now can be controlled via a 3rd party app.

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

thanks for the info guys. I am excited about using the program and I appreciate those who take the time to figure this stuff out. Where is the best place to buy the maps. I am in the USA.
            Thanks,

Comment

http://www.buygpsnow.com/

don't know if it's the best, but it's a place.

And yeah, destinator maps are expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by gboy
                thanks for the info guys. I am excited about using the program and I appreciate those who take the time to figure this stuff out. Where is the best place to buy the maps. I am in the USA.
                Thanks,
                Destinator directions suck for USA. Do a search for "destinator gives worst directions"

You will see what i mean
                -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Trully, i just realized that Destinator guidance sucks here to... It navigated me out from highway some 20 km sooner then I really had to forcing me to use local roads instead. And yeah, map on the screen is correct for sure, the highway is there.
                  Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Comment

you sure its not set on shortest route, rather than quickest route ? this would cause the problem of leaving early.
                    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

nope, quickest

Comment

Just a point... I am sure conversations like this cheesed Zorro off.... its free. If you don't like it... don't use it.

CDRSkull - looking forward to meeting you later this week

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

Hey what are you talking about?? I am quite sure everone involved here understands perfectly the problem we have touched is not problem of FreeDrive nor MapMonkey, but of D3 (SDK).

Comment

Well MapMonkey and FreeDrive may be free, but Destinator SDK and the maps are certainly far from free.
                            current projects

Comment

Working...
                            X