• RELEASE - FreeDrive 0.52 PLUS II

Release notes :-

Fixed (fingers crossed) the wrong street bug
    Added Progress Bar
    Added SDK commands -
    Hide - Hides freedrive
    Show - Shows freedrive
    Resize - makes freedrive resize
    FDnextman - next maneuver (Turn Left etc..)
    FDnextstreet - next street
    FDnextdist - distance to next street

Please test and have a play.. in a coding mood at the mo :-)

Now that AUSMARK has released his speed cam source I will be including this in the next release.. I want to also add afew things to it.

cheers

CdR

o.. grab this update at
    http://www.x-digital.addr.com/freedrive/FreeDrive.zip
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Cool! Welcome back!
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !

Thanks man, all what i've requested. Now i can work
      NS - neocar suite
      -----------------
      http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Comment

I seem to still have the incorrect street bug...

I tried to navigate to "Escocia R", and it sent me to "Sebastiao Meira Barros R".... god knows....

Also, 2 more suggestions:
        1) can the list be resized in the input screen when the keyboard is open, closed? (So we get the scroll bar on the list, not some items behind the keyboard)
        2) can the list update when we change a letter from the middle of the address being entered? for example, if I am searching for say "Maria Luiza Barros" as the street name, but then realize that maybe it was LuiSa (with S instead of Z) if I just click after the Z, then DEL, then S, it wont refresh the list to match the new address... only if I delete all the way then retype...
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

In settings.ini, the 0 and 1 for city and postcode are reversed?

#address (0=city 1=postcode)

for the OSK it doesn't matter if you put 0 or 1 in the ini

(or it might be me ... )
          Car : Hyundai Tucson
          Carpc :
          Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
          PSU : M2-ATX
          Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
          Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
          RR with DigitalFX skin
          In car : 80% done

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
            I seem to still have the incorrect street bug...

I tried to navigate to "Escocia R", and it sent me to "Sebastiao Meira Barros R".... god knows....

Also, 2 more suggestions:
            1) can the list be resized in the input screen when the keyboard is open, closed? (So we get the scroll bar on the list, not some items behind the keyboard)
            2) can the list update when we change a letter from the middle of the address being entered? for example, if I am searching for say "Maria Luiza Barros" as the street name, but then realize that maybe it was LuiSa (with S instead of Z) if I just click after the Z, then DEL, then S, it wont refresh the list to match the new address... only if I delete all the way then retype...
            Hi8.. what map r u using.. whats the name of it then I will see whats going on. I will also have a look to see if I can improve the text update
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gyro
              In settings.ini, the 0 and 1 for city and postcode are reversed?

#address (0=city 1=postcode)

for the OSK it doesn't matter if you put 0 or 1 in the ini

(or it might be me ... )
              all the 0 and 1 do is remember what state FreeDrive was last used.. city or postcode / keyboard visable or not.

CdR
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

map is Brasil_SP do you only need this name?
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Thanks for the update. CdRsKuLL, what happend to the Carpc hub, can't connect to it anymore. Unknown address, is it offline?

Comment

Originally posted by ledeuw
                    Thanks for the update. CdRsKuLL, what happend to the Carpc hub, can't connect to it anymore. Unknown address, is it offline?
                    yeah my domain name is up for renewal.. will do it over the next few days.. for now just use 195.137.127.140:666 that should work ok

cheers

CdR
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                      map is Brasil_SP do you only need this name?
                      Hi RoyN, I dont have that map so cant really test it, I have done some testing with the maps I do have, and they seem fine.. Is there anyway you can get it to me so I can find out whats going on. Do you have a ftp running or something ? if not.. then I can set one up for u to upload to my machine, but as I'm behind a firewall u will need something like flashfxp to do it.

cheers

CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the info. It's working!

Comment

CDR,

even if I just choose a street at random, click it on the list, and make click house put any number and try to navigate it just tries to take me to another street somewhere comp[letely different..... I'm stumped....
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Address Crash

As soon as i click on the Address Icon I get a crash with -

Run-Time error 380 - Invalid property value

Old freedrive.exe still works fine.

Comment

CDR, one more thing to note, when entering the House Number, the address list tries to match it further... basically some streets on my map begin with numbers, and as I type the house number for my destiation, the street list which is supposed to be disabled already (already chose street) is still updating... dunno if this has any influence but maybe the list can be hidden at this point cause it is a bit confusing...

However, without entering any house number, just street and clicking GO, the wrong street is still brought up as destination...

Req: in future, can we have just the .EXE in the update, (unless other files are changed), I have a hard time re-editing most files in the car when I forget to check them manually for changes... Thanks!

Question: any word on whether you will come to support the POI interface for touch? Currently POIs arent accessible to navigate from the menu... (There is a POI otion, but it brings the old Destinator interface without any navigate button or anything)

Thanks so much for your work! it is looking better by the day!

Last note: the reversing of street name from "Escocia R" to "R Escocia" is still not working on the FDROAD variable in RR, and not working for the bottom bar...

EDIT: ops, 1 thing I forgot: the "flashing everysecond" caused by the sdk is kind of distracting at times as it sometimes causes the list to "click" and stuff... is there maybe something that can be done about this? Also, is it possible for 2 apps to recieve information from FD? (So eg: NMC and another background app at the same time having access to FD speed)
                              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Working...
                              X