Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime error

when i try and run freedrive i get runtime error 429
    active x component cant create object, ani ideas or a logfile i can use to view whats up with it?

Thanks.
    Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
    PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
    Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

error 429 is a control file that has not be registered. I am unsure which ocx files are needed for Freedrive. you might wanna check to see if you have the vb6 runtime files
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Freedrive uses the following ocx's:

mswinsck.ocx
      mscomm32.ocx
      picclp32.ocx

Make sure they are all registered using the following:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mswinsck.ocx

repeat for each
      "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

yup, i got prompted for about 5 ocx's, reged them, then got the runtime error, have alos installed vb6 runtime.
        its the picclp32 that i dont have.

update:
        have reg'd picclp32.ocx, still same problem.
        Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub

Type-R Mini

Comment

ensure you have the destinator sdk installed and registered properly - it does a 429 if the dll isn't registered, also check you have the fonts installed, I've had 429 appear if the fonts haven't been installed on a skin.

Comment

comdlg32.ocx might be missing.. I found this out when I went to run FD on a virgin xp install..

download it from
            http://www.ascentive.com/support/new...b/COMDLG32.OCX

and stick it in the freedrive folder.. then try again. I will bundle it with the next install.

cheers

CdR
            Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

nope, its there and reg'd

Type-R Mini

Comment

was this the first time you have installed and ran freedrive ? also what version have you downloaded and installed ?

CdR
                Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X