Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the speedcams work ?

ok.. I forgot to mention how they work

At the moment the cameras are loaded into D3 every 5 minutes, you may see a screen flash when its doing this, or if theres alot of cameras in a 10km radius to you it may disappear for a second. This should be resolved when I figure out how D3 makes there dat files up, but until then this was the only way it could be done.

The number of cams showing in the top left is how many cams are in the 10km radius, this will change every 5 mins as you move and they update. As you drive along if the alert starts, Freedrive then enters the alertmode status, this status lasts as long as your moving towards the camera, so if you stop say at traffic lights, the alert will stop as your not getting closer anymore. To turn off the camera voice alert whilst its going on, just tap the screen once, to turn off the visual alert (flashing) tap the screen again. On the third tap if your using a menutouch skin then the menu will appear. A women will confirm the alert status on screen tap.

I will be improving on this by making the women say what type and speed the camera is and also may increase the beeps the closer you get.

Thats about it really.. A few things I want to change but you wont notice them, only the way i've coded stuff.. anyway let me know what you think

cheers

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

But have you figured out how to import ProjectEZP speedtraps so the system warns you when approaching U.S speed traps?

Oops, I know this was off topic but I couldn't help myself. THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

had a quick look, i'm not a member but they say that there GPSBabel Generic CSV
      is in the format longitude, latitude, name which is the same format as I'm already using.. would you mind posting a line from one of there csv files so I can confirm if its in the correct format or not.. If it isnt I will make a convertor, but chances are it will be :-)

let me know

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
        But have you figured out how to import ProjectEZP speedtraps so the system warns you when approaching U.S speed traps?

Oops, I know this was off topic but I couldn't help myself. THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT.
        I would think you can use the csv file......CdR will elaborate I'm sure...

Microsoft Pinpoints Format
        Downloaded archive includes ProjectEZP.csv file. The file contains "pinpoints" of the locations in the following format: longitude, latitude, "name".

*Edit* You're too quick m8...

Old setup
        Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
        New setup
        Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
        Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

:-) thats what the wife says....
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

ProjectEZP.csv

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
            had a quick look, i'm not a member but they say that there GPSBabel Generic CSV
            is in the format longitude, latitude, name which is the same format as I'm already using.. would you mind posting a line from one of there csv files so I can confirm if its in the correct format or not.. If it isnt I will make a convertor, but chances are it will be :-)

let me know

CdR
            Example ProjectEZP.csv lines:
            34.03646 -111.36755 AIRP_Q7Q 1000
            36.80285 -118.19985 AIRP_Q9Q 2000
            35.0584 -119.39761 AIRP_W28 100
            47.01629 -120.60542 AIRP_W38 100
            36.19573 -121.09521 AIRP_WF8 100
            44.78145 -69.08086 AIRP_WM8 100
            25.69534 -80.32511 AIRP_QIQ 2000
            25.68239 -80.35559 AIRP_WN8 100
            40.10369 -82.94082 AIRP_QZQ 2000
            30.47847 -84.14044 AIRP_3BY 100

I believe these are long, lat, name, kill zone
            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

unsure what a killzone is.. but if you import that into freedrive using the importer.. it should load up fine.. you wont have any speed settings for the cameras but the positions will show up on the map and you will get a warning.. give it a go please and let me know

cheers

CdR
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Kill zone is probably range of radar/laser/area of speed trap.

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                  unsure what a killzone is.. but if you import that into freedrive using the importer.. it should load up fine.. you wont have any speed settings for the cameras but the positions will show up on the map and you will get a warning.. give it a go please and let me know

cheers

CdR
                  "killzone" is the radious in meters (yards) around speedtrap, where warning is issued.
                  ProjectEZP.com next generation police speedtrap locator. Free database for your GPS system (includes US/Canada).

Comment

Working...
                  X