Speedcam I NEED YOU HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedcam I NEED YOU HELP

ok, just redoing the menus for the speedcams.. I need to do 2.. one for mph and one for KM.. here in the uk its mph, so thats no probs.. but I need to know what are the speeds in km that the cams are where you live ?

At the mo I have set

30,40,50,60,70 mph cams.. (see attached pic)

For km are they

30,50,70,90,120 ?

please can someone let me know

thanks

CdR
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

In Sweden it's 30,50,70,90,110 km/h

Comment

Belgium : 50, 70, 90, 120 Km/h
      Car : Hyundai Tucson
      Carpc :
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
      PSU : M2-ATX
      Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
      Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
      RR with DigitalFX skin
      In car : 80% done

Comment

don't forget 20mph zones. i don't know if there are any cameras in 20mph zones but the number of them is increasing arounds schools and houses - and quite rightly so. (but cameras are still evil)

Comment

I think the best way would be to be able to define them in the settings.ini.. I can make them into labels which are loaded.. so you could then change them to what you want.. ie..

speedmph - 20,30,40,50,60,70
          speedkph - 30,50,70,90,110,?

? denotes 'unknown'

what do u think ?

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

sounds ok to me. So are only the defined ones going to pop up in the 'add camera' function?

Comment

we have 40km/h (school zones) 50,60,70,80,90,100 and 110km/h in Australia. It does get a little confusing at times. Especially when school zones are only at particular times of the day (hint for a new function ). Maybe if you could select what zones you could have showing and one button for extras.

Example:
              on the camera page you have buttons for 40,60,70,80,100 and a button that takes you to the extra speeds as well. ie. 50,90 and 110.
              Does that make sense?

As for the changing zones dependant on time, you could have the zone as 60 and then between 2-4pm it changes to a 40 zone. I know it's an extra feature, but it would be really good for us Aussies that have changing speed zones.
              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                don't forget 20mph zones. i don't know if there are any cameras in 20mph zones but the number of them is increasing arounds schools and houses - and quite rightly so. (but cameras are still evil)

One of the few places I have no problem with them being. (schools that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                  One of the few places I have no problem with them being. (schools that is)
                  I take it you mean the 20mph zones near schools not cameras! (and i dont mean traffic cameras )

I generally do about 20mph through built up areas anyway if there is a chance kids will be out playing. 10mph isnt going to make me much slower getting a somewhere.

Comment

I failed my test for doing 20mph on a housing estate when kids were finishing school - grrrr, I thought I was being sensible, the examiner told me that 20mph was too slow and I should have been doing closer to 30mph. I was concerned a kid was going to run out on me. I wasn't impressed when he told me I'd failed for that.

Comment

yeahw ell driving instructors are gay. 30mph is a limit. you can do whatever you want under that. As long as you are not being a nuisance. It is very rare to do over 25mph down Whiteladies road in Bristol. Doing 30 feels like your are speeding. The road is jsut so damn busy and lots of parked cars, people trying to pull out and traffic islands.

Comment

The second time I failed for running a red light at a pedestrian crossing - doh! The same guy was trying to find some mints in his pocket and I lost my concentration - as if I was wasn't bricking it enough already! Third time I passed, I took the test in another town just so I didn't get him.

Comment

I take it you mean the 20mph zones near schools not cameras! (and i dont mean traffic cameras )

No, I am fine with the cameras being near schools if there is a 20MPH zone, as long as the speed and camera are highly visable.

Comment

What happened to the ini-configurable speeds and labels ?

[EDIT]
                            I think the best way would be to be able to define them in the settings.ini..
                            DOH !! Sorry mate, missed that part...

Yes I do agree that setting the "add camera" speeds in the INI would be the best.
                            If you use a ini file, wouldn't one setting in the ini be sufficient sice you can use the
                            imperial/metric setting within destinator to tell if it's mph or kph.

/M

Comment

The last time I checked the speed camera database there were six 20mph cameras...

-2.12292, 53.46414, "GATSO:[email protected]"
                              -2.08141, 53.45855, "GATSO:[email protected]"
                              -2.06370, 53.46069, "GATSO:[email protected]"
                              -2.01934, 53.44303, "GATSO:[email protected]"
                              -0.13771, 51.32798, "GATSO:[email protected]"
                              -0.05071, 51.45301, "GATSO:[email protected]"
                              Old setup
                              Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
                              New setup
                              Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
                              Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

Working...
                              X