Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Release FreeDrive 0.80 Full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Release FreeDrive 0.80 Full

    I have recoded alot of the main part of FreeDrive. I have scrapped the address dialog I was using due to the fact that it sometimes would take you to the incorrect address, this was a bug in the D3 SDK and is beyond my control sadly. I am now using the standard address dialog search page.. I have chopped it down, moved it around.. so it should be hard to figure out. You need to tap on the words at the top now.. so if your searching in city - street - house mode.. to get to the street.. you tap the word street. I have also added a couple more search options as well. Its loads quicker and you can toggle back and forth between selections.

    I have also had to recode alot of other stuff because of this.. so I'm expecting lots of bugs as I havent had time to fully test it due to to much to do at home. I have also fixed a couple of probs that have been mentions

    [Updates]
    Complete rebuild of address input page
    Fixed error when trying to delete a empty fav / his box
    Fiixed speedcam repeat voice bug

    [Install]
    Just download and run, it will overwrite any previous files

    Please remember to back up any info you need first.

    Thanks.. please post any bugs found in the forums

    Grab it from the FreeDrive website

    CdRsKuLL
    Follow me on Twitter

    http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

  • #2
    Hey up m8, the pre-release version I had (probably fixed now), when in routing the Please Wait panel wouldn't disappear. Will grab the version off the site now and test on my way back home.

    Comment


    • #3
      DL and install as of now...

      Any chance of having the psd for the OSK ?
      For us "bloody forigners" who insist on using funny letters like

      /M

      Comment


      • #4
        wayhey! just tried freedrive 0.8 - my 1st ever go at GPs and it works!

        cheers CDR!

        had a bit of toruble at 1st as the bu-303 is a bit **** and needed to attached to my car bodywork and then it got my adress slightly wrong so i moved it to my bonnet and it got it right.

        Program works well though. Although the clicking on the map to get to the menu had me stumped (thanks gareth). Any plans to move to using clicking on the map for panning? ie click im the top area it ****s up a bit etc etc

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
          Program works well though. Although the clicking on the map to get to the menu had me stumped (thanks gareth). Any plans to move to using clicking on the map for panning? ie click im the top area it ****s up a bit etc etc
          Hehe that tricked me when I first used it too.
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.


          -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

          Comment


          • #6
            oops i broke it! I was looking at the speed cam stuff and it crashed. now comes up with "run-time error 5, Invalid proceedure call or argument" whenever I open it

            Comment


            • #7
              did u import a csv file ? was it one your downloaded from the fd website ? or one u had already ?.. if so, goto C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Favorites folder and delete SpeedCams.dat file.. then go and download the correct one from the fd site :-) if it isnt this, then can you let me know what you did so I can fix it.. I will add some error handling to stop this in future

              CdR
              Follow me on Twitter

              http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                also

                .. as for tapping the map for the menu.. this is dependent on which skin u r using.. goto menu... next .. settings.. skin.. then select the default extra skin. This doesnt use the touch menu, but a normal menu button, so you can drag the map around then :-)

                CdR
                Follow me on Twitter

                http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                  did u import a csv file ? was it one your downloaded from the fd website ? or one u had already ?.. if so, goto C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Favorites folder and delete SpeedCams.dat file.. then go and download the correct one from the fd site :-) if it isnt this, then can you let me know what you did so I can fix it.. I will add some error handling to stop this in future

                  CdR
                  yeah that fixed it. cheers.

                  i was using your speedcam file but i screwed it up messing with the speedcams. Ihtink it tired to add a camera with no GPS data as I am indoors.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                    also

                    .. as for tapping the map for the menu.. this is dependent on which skin u r using.. goto menu... next .. settings.. skin.. then select the default extra skin. This doesnt use the touch menu, but a normal menu button, so you can drag the map around then :-)

                    CdR
                    sweet. Got it running full screen on my lappy at 1024x768. Runs nice. Laptop is a P3 700 wit 384mb ram

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                      yeah that fixed it. cheers.

                      i was using your speedcam file but i screwed it up messing with the speedcams. Ihtink it tired to add a camera with no GPS data as I am indoors.
                      Thanks for letting me know.. yeah it might of struggled for a long / lat point, will have play myself

                      CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

                      http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Since when did we have to register on the site to download Freedrive?
                        It's not a problem except that I am at work and wanted to get the program but i can't since I can't get to my email to activate my account. What a bummer
                        Another Novice?
                        Progress so far <-------*-> 88%
                        Kenwood MPV5025 with Aux
                        Via MII10000
                        512MB Ram
                        LG Slim DVD\CDRW
                        Xenarc 700TS
                        M1ATX
                        Pharos GPS
                        SYBA USB2.0 4-port Hub
                        Bufalo 54Mbs Wirelessb/g PCMCIA card

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          sorry m8 about having to register.. it will come in usefull I promise :-)

                          CdR
                          Follow me on Twitter

                          http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            isnt that going to be for live tracking?
                            Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
                            PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
                            Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

                            Type-R Mini

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yeah once I get 0.80 bugs finished + the speedcams to how I want em.. online live tracking will be added + a few other little nice things :-)

                              Only afew more bits to add now.. till version 1.0 is complete.. then I can relax and get on with my life :-) or start another project lol no doubt

                              CdR
                              Follow me on Twitter

                              http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X