Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedrive works on win98SE ?

Does freedrive work on win98se ?

it should do yeah.. let me know because I havent tested it.

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

can anyone confirm / deny this?

Comment

Nope

G'Day

Tried on my Win98SE drive in my 64 MB Toshiba Libretto 100CT. (Works otherwise under XP on this PC.)

Behind the Freedrive splashscreen is a box saying "CreateGPS Thread error: GPS thread is not created. [OK]"

Press OK, and you get the same thing.

Press OK, and a "this program has performed an illegal operation...etc"

Pressing Details reveals: FREEDRIVE caused an invalid page fault in module MSIMG32.DLL at 0167:018f48c7, followed by the memory dump info.

Bummer.

Paul

Comment

did u install thr full 0.80 installer then the update ? or did you just copy the freedrive folder over ?

cdr
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

No, just ran the freedrive0.80.FULL.exe.

Found the update this morning, installed it, same error messages.

Bummer still...

Paul

PS: How come v085 isn't the latest download from your site? Also curious, tried typing the url directly into IE, but the update file is only avail if you click on the link (so have to surf to it).

Comment

so looks like FD on 98 is not an option then?

Comment

hey paul, i was getting same message trying to run it on WIN98 SE. Got a solution though.

Its trying to access a file called 'msimg32.dll'. Ever heard of it? Nor had i until i had same problem.

Just run a quick google search and download a later version of the .dll and it passes that check fine.

Now in stuck at "Loading Skin and Resizing giving a "'Run-Time Error '91'. Object variable or With block variable not set." error. This is with FreeDrive 0.90 on Windows 98 SE.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X