No announcement yet.

calculating more precise routes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calculating more precise routes

is it possible to calculate more detailed routes? and one that passes more than one country?

for example: i live in the southwest of germany. i'd like to drive to st.tropez in south france for holiday. but i won't use the motorway until i arrive at dijon (middle-east of france).

it wouldn't be a problem to calculate 2 routes if i could only select what kind of streets i'd like to use on them.

thanks for any hints and sorry for my bad english Wink

'Lo Jens & welcome to MP3Car.

I think waypoints could keep you off the motorway and through some interesting country. You'll have to plan your trip in more detail.. but the drive should be rewarding for it.

you also need to use Major roads eo EU. So you can go fromgermany to france with one map then use france map to visit.

Is it possible with FreeDrive or Destinator SDK based stuff in general to do some sort of a "Detour" function?

I have it on the Mercedes stock nav, and I actually found it useful... you get to a traffic jam, and hit a DETR button, it tells you like "Detour from Traffic Jam" and then says a few alternatives listed by distance (if there is more than one possible detour) and then avoids that particular road for a certain distance...

It would be useful for large traffic ridden cities one would think, but would the crappy destinator allow such thing?

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)