FD 0.84 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD 0.84 update

You will first need to install FreeDrive 0.80 FULL from http://www.freedrive.co.uk

I have added Winamp Volume adjustment on D3 voice to this version. Please can someone test it, if its ok, then I will also add it to the speedcam audio.

http://www.x-digital.addr.com/FreeDrive.exe

If you dont want to use the default settings of 40% volume and 3 seconds then just add these lines to your settings.ini

[winamp volume]
    #decreases volume to %
    decreaseto=40
    #decrease for amount of time in seconds
    decreasefor=3

If you dont want to use this at all, just set decreaseto = 100

let me know

cheers

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

seems to work ok for me except that occaisionaly address input disappears leaving black pannel (embedded in rr)
    PC Chips 1500,512mb ddr,no case yet, LinITX 7" touchscreen,300w inverter,RoadRunner FreeDrive,BU303 gps mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by sim
      seems to work ok for me except that occaisionaly address input disappears leaving black pannel (embedded in rr)
      hi sim, this might be down to a badly configured skin file. make sure that in your skin (poss external_gps.skin) you have the gps app box.. ie

A01,200,200,400,400

make sure you also have a crop underneth it.. ie.

C01,200,200,400,400

This should sort the problem out

cheers

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

seems to work ok, only thing is since i updated the menu popup (native) is no longer centered but now shown on the left edge of the screen.

also i would love to have an sdk command to shut the girl up(and turn her back on if needed)

last thing complete current sdk list please (i have 3 at the moment and some commands seem to have changed or something (like toggleview viewtoggle)

Comment

Really great you added this! Gonna try it first thing tomorrow.

Just a question about how this feature works to get it right,

This will decrease the directionvoice to a given level, i.e 40% but I can adjust this to 10% with those lines you mentioned.

Will this also decrease the audio volume, or mute the audio of a played song at that time? Or will / can I adjust this in RRconfig?

Thx again for this update.
          Finished!
          pc 99% - install 100% - audio 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Phythorian
            Really great you added this! Gonna try it first thing tomorrow.

Just a question about how this feature works to get it right,

This will decrease the directionvoice to a given level, i.e 40% but I can adjust this to 10% with those lines you mentioned.

Will this also decrease the audio volume, or mute the audio of a played song at that time? Or will / can I adjust this in RRconfig?

Thx again for this update.
            say you have RR (winamp) volume set at 50% and Freedrive starts to talk, the audio level in RR will be decreased by 40%.. so this will then set RR(winamp) volume to 30% (40% of 50% is 30%) this will be reduced for 3 seconds.. which should be enough for freedrive to finish speaking and then freedrive will return RR(winamp) to its original setting of 50%..

hope you understand.. lol

Winamp volume 50%
            freedrive speaks.. Winamp volume 30% for 3 seconds
            Winamp volume 50%

If someone confirms this works I will also add it to the speedcam alert

cheers

CdR
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Just went out for a testdive with .84
              Volume decrease work fine with me,
              but is it not possible to SET the volume to a certain level when speaking instead of decreasing it.
              As I'm playing music pretty loud, it will decrease, but the nice lady is shouting at me.
              Would be better if the music volume and speaking volume would reduce to a given level, like 10% or so.
              Or is it somewhere possible to adjust the directions speaking volume?
              Finished!

Comment

Yeah I can add a default volume if you require. This will be quite easy to do. I will need to map the main volume not just the winamp. I will have a look for you. Thanks for confirming its working.

CdR
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for looking into it, I really appreciate that!
                  Finished!

Comment

Tried 0.84.

Same method of recalculation for ETA and ETR : new origin. No more splash screen but some bugs remain: if recalculation of route when ETA new calcul Freedrive can tell twice "route recalculation" (better than six).

Angry to say that mapmonkey is better for that.

But, i prefer freedrive for it's interface and facility

Comment

will that volume solution only work with winamp based frontends? or will it work with Frodo also. I can't get out to try it out due to some more electrical problems. Hopefully they'll be resolved soon. But I'm curious since I can't try it out myself.

Comment

It will only work with winamp based frontends at the mo.. I havent looked into adding frodo control. If I get chance I will this week.

Cheers

CdR
                        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks a ton CDR. As always, love the software, and very grateful for all your hard work

Comment

CDR... a feature request: ability to send the day/night commands once per second. Right now it basically freezes at the setting that it was on trying to switch to the other setting. If I stop sendign the commands then it will switch. I also notice a refresh everytime I send the commands. That's what I used to do with MM and it worked perfectly. Basically I'm trying add night/day changing capability to GammaControl
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                            X