X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to skin menu?

Or should the question be, "How do I skin the menu?"
    And the "Settings" menu?

I've had a dig around, and I can't for the life of me figure it out..

Menu Skinning isn't available yet.
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

not in FreeDrive its not, but it is in RoadRunner. Let me explain.

1. In the SDK.ini file in the freedrive folder add FDMENU=RoadRunner
      2. Create a skin in RR called FDMENU.SKIN, also create sub menus if needed

When you add FDMENU=RoadRunner in the SDK.ini file, this tells freedrive that you want all menu presses (includes touchmenu) to tell roadrunner to show its menu screen. The FDMENU.SKIN would be a menu skin.. a bit like the exit skin which would auto center on the screen and also allow you to have whatever you want anywhere. Then in the FDMENU.SKIN.. say you wanted a address button you would have something like...

B,0,380,80,130,"SendMsg;FreeDrive;Address||EXIT",

This would then send the sdk command to FD to display the address box and also close the FDMENU.SKIN to return back to normal. You could if you wish have a FDMENU2.SKIN so you can have more options, even have a 'next' / 'prev' button like on the FD menu which toggles back and forth between FDMENU and FDMENU1.
      so say you want another menu.. so you can have more stuff on , you would use something like

B,0,380,80,130,"EXIT||MENU;FDMENU1.SKIN",

Think that would work.. it would close the current menu and open the FDMENU1.SKIN

hope this makes sense.. I have tried to include lots of sdk commands to make skinning the menus from RR easy

cheers

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Sweet! I'll give it a shot

Comment

Working...
        X