Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Camerapromts

CDR,

Everytime I approach a speedcam the Camera icon flashes on the screen and FD will play a soundfile. Is it possible to disable this feature? I Just want it to say approaching cam in 100 (with the sounds from the voice folder) and not have the flashing Camera icon and warning sound.

Thanks,

have a look at the next alpha release.. at http://www.x-digital.addr.com/Free.exe rename this to FreeDrive.exe and overwrite the one in the FreeDrive folder (backup if needed) then also create a folder called 'logs' in your FD folder. The 0.90 alpha release has different warning and you can also set direction etc. + it has a new logging feature which you can record / playback any route

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that

Comment

The "problem" is still there. As soon as I approach a camera the camera menu pops up and starts counting down from 300 meters. Everytime the distance on the countdown changes I hear a (loud!) beep from windows.
        Is this a soundfile I am missing, or maybe is it intended like that? And do you know how I can get rid of it?

Comment

0.90 Alpha 1 release

Been testing 0.90 Alpha 1 release

Meelobee - My understanding of the beeps (by process of elimination) is that they are present following a warning to indicate that you are still above the speed limit of the "current" camera . . . . . . SLOW DOWN and the beeps will stop !

CdRsKuLL - Please confirm this understanding is correct . . . . and, I have a couple of other questions . . . .
          • How is the direction information stored (wanted to know how the direction info can be retained when updating the camera list next month from UKGPSINFO)
          • What is the speed (or formula) below which the warning for a given speed camera is ignored . . . . and, do the beeps still apply if you inadvertantly speed up ?

Oh . . . and keep up the good work - it's a brilliantly simple implementations

Comment

Originally posted by karaoke
            Been testing 0.90 Alpha 1 release

Meelobee - My understanding of the beeps (by process of elimination) is that they are present following a warning to indicate that you are still above the speed limit of the "current" camera . . . . . . SLOW DOWN and the beeps will stop !
            I don't want to slow down The first warning that I'm approaching a cam is enough for me, the beeps are kiling my speakers when I'm listening to loud music.

Comment

A very easy way to get rid of the beep is to replace the coresponding wav file with an empty one
              Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

damn why didn't I think of that.. lol thanks Jeeve5

Comment

Working...
                X