Freedrive - Run-Time Error '91'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedrive - Run-Time Error '91'

hey just installed freedrive on my desktop comp to check it out, looks sweet. I tried installing it to the WIN98 laptop, first came up with a msimg32.dll error which i updated the .dll and problem fixed.

It now freezes at Loading Skin and Resizing giving a "'Run-Time Error '91'. Object variable or With block variable not set." error. This is with FreeDrive 0.90 on Windows 98 SE.

If anyone knows a solution, i would be grateful
    Cheers
    -Rj

I got this once myself when it was navigating.

Comment

how did you solve it man?

Comment

I got a similiar problem. As my I approach my destination Freedrive crashes with a "Runtime error 5" "Invalid procedure call" I have verified this with three trips one long two short and it happens every time.
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
          I got a similiar problem. As my I approach my destination Freedrive crashes with a "Runtime error 5" "Invalid procedure call" I have verified this with three trips one long two short and it happens every time.
          Same here...
          A calm approach in a troubled world...
          http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
          DC UK Forum

Comment

I got it the other day when I was in Leeds, thought it was just me or the route I had planned ....

Comment

CDR do you think you would test this on a WIN9X based system, see if it works and if you can fix some of these errors? Because slow based laptops cant run WXP/2000.

Cheerz

Comment

Hi,
                I've a "Error in RunTime 9" <<non inclusive index in the interval>> (This is a translate) when try to navigate.

I must close and open 2 times and the third it open but the error still here when I try navigate.

I've WinXP ita SP2 whit DotNet framework whit SP1 and patch.
                --------------------------------
                ITALIANI: DISPONIBILI MODULI OEM GPS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...214#post639214

Comment

There is no point testing on Win9x, it would be a waste of CdRs time and effort and would possibly require quite a major rewrite.

Comment

I noticed the error when getting near your destination, I will be completly re-writing alot of FreeDrive in the near future. Theres alot of old code, crap coding in there due to the progressive learning curve I have been on since I started it. I want to get rid of it all and start again to be honest. This will make FD better and more stable :-)

CdR
                    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

CdR - I'd wait until the Destinator PN SDK is more stable before doing a complete re-write, at least then it would be using the latest SDK and the possibility to use both SDKs depending on the users choice.

Comment

Cdr: I want to use your new skin because this is very cool, but the problem whit FreeDrive has stopped my work

There is a mode to use your skin whit MM or to fix FreeDrive error?

Thanks for all your work!
                        ITALIANI: DISPONIBILI MODULI OEM GPS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...214#post639214

Comment

complete re-write? damn all this for me aww lol!
                          When were you planning on doing this re-write? Just because the Destinator PN SDK might not be released for another year or more, considering we're still waiting on that PC version they *promised* us.
                          Ive got the choices of trying a XPlite install on a 166mhz laptop or wait for a win98 fix thats all. MM aint an option so its up to you CDR, cheers man

Comment

I doubt it will be rewritten with '98 in mind. Just a rewrite of some of the code used in Freedrive.

Comment

Working...
                            X