Spag's FD 1.0 skin development preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spag's FD 1.0 skin development preview

Just posted this in the FreeDrive forum and thought I'd post it here too. Here's the result of a weekend of playing around and learning the new functions and skin commands:

This is an actual screenshot of FreeDrive 1.0 running on my desktop.
    As you can see, I've deleted the default scrollbar (sorry CDR/Gobby ) and replaced it with scroll buttons on the left hand side for reasons of aesthetics, predominantly, but also because I wanted to move the buttons anyway as no one makes skins with scroll bars on the left for us right-hand drive car users who are anal about this kind of thing.....
    This skin is also designed to match a RoadRunner skin I'm working on and the button on the bottom left is to return the external GPS skin back to the main menu.

On a further note, some of you might know that there's a 'pixelmask' line in the skin.ini file for version 1.0. Depending on how you use photoshop it can turn out a bit choppy (***** knows how CDR managed to get the default skin to be transparent, but I couldn't do it!!).
    The way I did it was to fill the transparent area with the same colour as the map and insert the hex value for that colour into the pixelmask line. The default pixelmask is black (000000) but if you use anti-aliasing, you might find that where the edges of the button blend away you get little patches not masked off properly. With this way, if it still shows through, you can't tell
    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

Not too sure what to say really, other than I may have just spoiled myself! That looks pretty fine!
    2005 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    P4 2.4 Asus Pundit
    Road Runner
    Free Drive/Map Monkey
    Road Angel
    Snooper
    1 penalty point remaining before I can add no driving License!

Comment

looks the crack m8

Comment

Sexy!
        List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Nice work there Spag. Oh, that reminds me, must have a look at the file you sent me, not had a great deal of time to bugger about with the carpc lately but will defo try it out before the weekend
          Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
          LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Thanks guys - I need to do more work on it to make it do what I want it to do now - I think my computer's ****ed!
            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")
            Bunny's first poo
            __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Andywaite
              Not too sure what to say really, other than I may have just spoiled myself! That looks pretty fine!
              Andy - looking at your sig... seen this http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=2607 ? Should cheer you up no end... /OT

Terran
              My Project Site

Comment

Can you explain how you removed the default scrollbar?

Comment

Meelobee,
                  I made a screen capture of Freedrive running in the default skin and measured the scrollbar in photoshop to be 51 pixels wide.
                  In the ini file, I placed the map at 0,0 at a size of 851,480 with FD running at 800x480
                  It's easy when you know how....
                  In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")
                  Bunny's first poo
                  __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
                    Meelobee,
                    I made a screen capture of Freedrive running in the default skin and measured the scrollbar in photoshop to be 51 pixels wide.
                    In the ini file, I placed the map at 0,0 at a size of 851,480 with FD running at 800x480
                    It's easy when you know how....
                    Ah, so basicly you just push it off screen, that's smart thinking!

What code did you use on the new zoom buttons you made? (this is probably somewhere in a thread or some readme, but I couldn't find it...)

Comment

Zoom is like this:
                      Code:
                      b4=5,210,90,47,zoom:+20
                      Or you can have minus "-"of course. All the buttons codes are in the supplied readme.txt

BTW, I'm going to continue this thread on the FreeDrive forums here
                      In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")
                      Bunny's first poo
                      __ U

Comment

right slider

u can also remove the zoom scroll by setting 0 in third value in this file

C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visu al\All\Destinator.inf

::P,SLIDER,100,34,48,90,1,1
                        ::P,BAR_SLIDER,142,48,48,48,0,0
                        ::P,ZOOM_IN,1,47,48,48,0,0
                        ::P,ZOOM_OUT,50,47,48,48,0,0

where 48 .. 0

::P,SLIDER,100,34,0,90,1,1
                        ::P,BAR_SLIDER,142,48,0,48,0,0
                        ::P,ZOOM_IN,1,47,0,48,0,0
                        ::P,ZOOM_OUT,50,47,0,48,0,0

only a question.. i have a problem (the slider appares if i delete it like you, and i can see the slower blue bar) if FD has the same display res!
                        have u an idea? can i set a small FD res that's for fullmap view also(not only by skin.ini)?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean really. Probably easier if you show us a screen capture and draw what you're trying to achieve on it
                          On fullscreen mode the default slider appears on the right hand side again. Not ideal, but useful to have it nonetheless
                          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")
                          Bunny's first poo
                          __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
                            I'm not sure what you mean really. Probably easier if you show us a screen capture and draw what you're trying to achieve on it
                            On fullscreen mode the default slider appears on the right hand side again. Not ideal, but useful to have it nonetheless
                            to remove the slider also in fullmap view edit C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Interface\Visu al\All\Destinator.inf

for my resizing prob i have solved in RR with a lower area for external gps...

ps : i read you have disappearing probs, starting RR and FD you can see FD skin in the RR menu... i solved settind the start RR command in this way:

EXTERNAL||AUDIO||MAIN

Comment

your skin is very cool...

Comment

Working...
                              X