Destinator PN maps in Freedrive.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator PN maps in Freedrive.

Hi, jus wondering if there is any work on making Freedrive use the new PN engine?

I'm using PN maps now, but I have a problem with the OSK, it does not scroll down to the streetnames. It works on some names, but usually I must scroll down to the name I want even if i have typed the whole name.

D3 maps are now horribly outdated here in Oslo. And even if they do work fine, they are not really usable.

Strange ? try to crop your map ? I tried with a french map and have same issue but only with "F" so, i can type E or G then scroll.

Comment

Excuse me for the question and for my english (i'm from italy), but how can I crop the map ? I haven't any tool on my PC to crop the map.
      My Car

Comment

Originally posted by pocket
        Excuse me for the question and for my english (i'm from italy), but how can I crop the map ? I haven't any tool on my PC to crop the map.
        Ok, when you install destinator 3, you have a directory called mapcutter in DestinatorApps. Actually have onlyfreedrive on my PC and no more such directory.

Perhaps install Mapmonkey ?

Comment

Install MapMonkey. MapMonkey has a map cutter that saves cut maps in D3 format.

Comment

Once you have the maps cut (for the UK maps that is 7 different maps E1-E7) will Freedrive automatically load the new map when crossing the boundry between one map and the next??

Comment

You don't need to cut your map in several pieces, only crop a little part of the sea so that mapcutter create a new map in D3 specifications and allow routing.

First you also need to remove WCE_B*.*

Comment

Originally posted by Cirion
                Install MapMonkey. MapMonkey has a map cutter that saves cut maps in D3 format.
                Thanks for the answer, but I use Destinator PN.
                MapMonkey with Destinator PN maps ? works ?
                My Car

Comment

Don't understand the question

Mapmonkey and Freedrive are only suits for destinator 3 and can't use PN cards until they came in D3 format.so must delete WCE_B*.dat then cut with D3 mapcutter.

Then if works with freedrive, same result with Mapmonkey

Comment

No, MapMonkey does not work with PN maps. Neither does CF in 1.6 or Freedrive. But if you use the MapMonkey cutter you can save the cut map in a D3 format. So the PN Map becomes a D3 Map. Then it works in CF, MM or FreeDrive.

I've posted how to do this in this thread:
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76143

Comment

Working...
                    X