Problem with other skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with other skin

Every time, I want to change the skin, I get error 76 "path not found: c:\programme\freedrive\skin\....."

only bmv2 skin and default skin are working.

Do someone knows this problem?

thanks,
    Matthias

Are your other skins correct ? (not zipped ?)

try to change by editing freedrive.ini

Comment

you are right,
      the skin is not correct. I want to try the MacG German skin. It seems like the skin.ini has not the necessary entries. After adding these entries freedrive starts, but the skin after all dont works correct. Im going to ask MacG about his skin.
      thanks
      Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by chevyunger
        Every time, I want to change the skin, I get error 76 "path not found: c:\programme\freedrive\skin\....."

only bmv2 skin and default skin are working.

Do someone knows this problem?

thanks,
        Matthias
        the skin you are using is a pre FD 1.0 skin

Comment

Originally posted by chevyunger
          you are right,
          the skin is not correct. I want to try the MacG German skin. It seems like the skin.ini has not the necessary entries. After adding these entries freedrive starts, but the skin after all dont works correct. Im going to ask MacG about his skin.
          thanks
          Matthias

I have spoken to MacG and he is working on a updated version.
          there is about 8 completed skins over at www.freedrive.co.uk

Comment

I have problems with other skins than the default in FD 1.0 preview. When I switch to another skin that are downloaded I only see the maps when pressing the fullscreen view. When normal view is active the map is all white but I can see fragments of the map if I look closely... Something wrong with the skins or settings?
            Black SolarCell Portable Bluetooth Gps reciever for sale, Contact me!
            BMW E46 320 Touring project thread, making the perfect multimedia car ;)
            BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

Perhaps you use an old version of freedrive and run embeded with a smaller area than original skin ?

Last version is 05/12/2006 : http://www.freedrive.co.uk/forums/at...6&d=1147444217

Comment

Thanks, the menu´s works way better now, before they were very slow. But I still only can use the default skin succesfully. I did a complete uninstall of freedrive and all skins, installed 1.0 preview, wrote over with the 12 april update. The default skin runs nice. I then download "brave" skin, change it in menu settings, AND the map goes blank, I can only see the map if I press the button marked in picture below, If I do that everything is okey exept I cannot use the buttons that is seen on this picture, Only the buttons in my surrounding Roadrunner/frontend skin. BUt the same happens if I run Freedrive in standalone start, it doesnt let me use buttons and map at the same time, very annoying!
                Attached Files
                BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

Pressing button mentioned above results in this:
                  Attached Files
                  BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

I'am sorry but can't help you, i just tried brave's skin and it works on my PC.

Only two ideas : could you try freedrive on another PC or try other skin to understand where is the PB ?

My favourite skin is Spaghetti's foundation.

Comment

Yes and it is the same on the other pc and all skins but the default one. Hm.. maybe I should check if windows did a "block" on the downloaded file. It does that sometimes to protect from viruses and then some files doesnt unzip... Well I´ll go look later when I get home. Thanks anyway.
                      BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

Same problem for me, but:

For some reasons there is an untransparent "color" (what you discribed as blank) on the day.gif which overlays the map (but with fragments to be seen if the transperance is not set to complete solid). This happens with many skins on my PC!

I have the freeware XnView Pictureviewer (3.6mb, www.xnview.de ) installed. This viewer can show the colorinformation (hit view -> Display Color Information) of the blanc part: "#FEFEDE" which is also mentioned in the freedrive skin.ini :

[main]
                        #skin
                        day =day.gif
                        daydown =day.gif
                        night =night.gif
                        nightdown =night.gif

#transparent 0 to 10 (0 - clear , 10 - solid)
                        transparent = 8

#pixelmask day,night
                        pixelmask =FEFEDE,FEFEDE

#FEFEDE seems to be not transparent ON MY PC.

If I now open a box on the blank area and Edit -> clear this box, XnView shows the color #000000. Now save as day.gif and edit the pixelmask to pixelmask=000000,000000 in the freedrive skin.ini

Clear the section for the night.gif the same way, too.

#000000 is transparent somehow! This is how it works on my PC.

please report.

Comment

I seem to have a transparency issue as well.

2 of my PC's show the skins transparent and 2 of them don't.

Now 2 of them are win2k and 2 are XP.

however it is one of the win2ks and one of the XP's that's transparent, and 1 of the 2k's and one of the XP's that's not.

All using same version of freedrive, and same version of skin.

Two are also the same make of PC both running XP and one is transparent and one isn't.

well confused

Comment

yep... probably just have to wait for some next version of freedrive
                            A shame that it can´t be used with destinator 6 since this way many roads will show different on the gps compared to reality
                            BMW E46 WORKLOG

Comment

Working...
                            X