FreeDrive 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeDrive 2.0

Just to let you all now I'm cracking on with freedrive 2 development. ITs based on Destinators PN/5 SDK version which means you can use the latest maps if you buy destinator 6 pda version.

Its already far more advanced than freedrive was on the skinning side of things, you can have any label anywhere and any number of skins swappable with a single command, so if you want a skin for full screen, a skin for day and a skin for night, then it swaps then on the fly and takes less than a second :-)

I have also already built in the ablilty to pull information from RR into freedrive, so if you want to place say the trackname at the top of freedrive then you can, or place buttons on it to control your music.. you can :-)

Why both doing this ? the best reason for it is that it will allow freedrive to take up all your screen, which when inputing an address from the osk its ace !!

Theres lots left to do but its coming along.. the attached screenshot is all freedrive, pulling trackname / time / date / volume etc.. from rr. You will also notice you can place any text labels on the skin like "vol" has been placed. It also floating on the map :-) (no background)

Freedrive 2 also supports sirf mode not just nmea mode for the gps.. theres so much work already coded up and it shouldnt be too long till i'm after beta testers :-)

anyway l8r peeps

Skully
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

CDR, what about the SDK commands to control it. I've added some 'missing' ones to the 1.x version to give RR mopre control, will you be adding more to FD 2.0?

Oh yeah, put me down for beta testing

Oh yeah, forgot to say, looking good

Comment

:-o

Comment

Uauuu!!!

I guess everyone is waiting for that!!!

Waiting for something to test...

hsmpt

Comment

yup... we're all probably just sitting around waiting for this one...

I started with FD1 when it first came, used it, loved it but hated the maps since some stuff was wrong...

I've been following the dev of FD2 and I can't say anything else then it's bloody amazing... good thing I already have bought the D6 discs so I'm ready to go...
          I like tha fact that it's compatible with the TomTom POI's...
          Swedish site for CarPC's
          http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

I just can't wait

Still looking for a beta tester, here i am

Great work by the way

Comment

I'll test it too Steve if you're still after volunteers

This looks superb

CF's free preiod is about to end, and I'm getting worried about what it will cost to buy so Im back on RR & FD now

Been using Freedom 2.1 and as per usual for CDR its excellent - and with Hardware Graphics Acceleration set to one click from MAX it runs real quick and responsive

anyway... Im back!
              My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
              NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

I had major problems with CPU usage with the last version, even with the patch that was released.

Is this fixed in 2.0?

Comment

Freedrve 2.0 is a complete re-write .. everything is different :-) even the lang its wrote in lol

CdR
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

CDR, could you please make it "remote control/keyboard friendly"? ... meaning please make all UI ellements (buttons, menu, etc) achievable by arrow keys, enter, esc and "menu" key

Comment

Can I BETA?
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Focus_Dan View Post
                        I had major problems with CPU usage with the last version, even with the patch that was released.

Is this fixed in 2.0?

It could be down to the Hardware Acceleration settings for your graphics card. Turn it down a notch from fullly fast

..as I said above
                        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Hi again!

I know I can be a real pain ut I have 2 more questions!!!

First one, will it show POI's on the map... I know ages ago when I was using MM there was some addon that showed selected POI's as "signs" on the map... really nice feature if you want to see what Mc'Donalds you are passing by!
                          The second one is a old one, I asked it before but I cant recall that I got any answers to it... Will FD2 be integrated with Freedom, it would be a dream come true if it pauses the music and so on when giving instructions, and if it could show some info on how far until the next turn somewhere in the "top-bar" or something like that...

oh and BTW, u got a beta tester right here to... I drive something like 500km everyweek for work and I always use my carpc for navigation... and I promise I'll give it a nice section in my newsletter to all the Swedish carpc builders to...

(posting any new screenshots we can enjoy soon... )
                          Swedish site for CarPC's
                          http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Any of the D3 clones or even CF's D5.1 can be made to show POI icons already
                            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                            X