Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World land speed record.

Oh yeah, and I got the GPS screenshot to prove it

Seems as if there is something wrong with the , . again, switching to period as decimal point made it OK again.
    133 is correct, but maybe rounding doesn't work.

/M
    Attached Files

hmm this is what i'm using

Round(gps(7) * 1.852) which converts the gps speed into KM. Did this happen the moment you turned it on ? as the heading is still set at zero. I wouldnt of thought it would make much difference.. is it always displaying the 'land speed record mode' ?
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Setting decimal point to "," it's always there even when moving.
      Setting it to "." it's fine.

But Gps(7) is that a string or a numerical value (datatype) ?
      round("100.9"*1.852) gives 1869
      round(100.9*1.852) gives 187

/M

Comment

Its a string. which it where the problem seems to be coming from. Let me have a play, should be releasing a new version today or tomorrow.

CdR
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Well, this "feature" is back in ver. 0.52 Plus Plus Plus IIII ;-)

/M

Comment

I think this is down to your gps device giving out false info.. I have updated the nmea parser in the next release , so we shall see if it fixs it :-) Big update coming which includes lots of fixs, and also speedcams (this ones going to work)

CdR
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Well, it's the same symptom as the previous time....
              Enter control panel >> Regional and Language Options >> Customize
              and switch "Decimal symbol" between , (comma) and . (period).
              That will be the differance between not working (,) and working (.)

Same reciever as the last time, remeber the conversion with stings a few posts up.

Looking forward to the new release though.

/M

Comment

Hey CDR.. you should do a "testing" on the OS regional settings to check whether it is set to use "," or "." as decimal poit, or those string conversions will mess you up big time.. GPS standards always use "." (because "," is the field divisor).. but if the OS is set to use "," as decimal point, numbers like 123.45 will count as "12345" which is incorrect..

You can detect comma as decimal point with something like: "if instr(cstr(1/2), ",") > 0 then" then you can fix it by replacing the "." in the string with a "," or by dividing it by the number of decimal digits * 10 .. like 123.45 / 100 (on a system with comma as decimal point it will yield to 123,45) ..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  Hey CDR.. you should do a "testing" on the OS regional settings to check whether it is set to use "," or "." as decimal poit, or those string conversions will mess you up big time.. GPS standards always use "." (because "," is the field divisor).. but if the OS is set to use "," as decimal point, numbers like 123.45 will count as "12345" which is incorrect..

You can detect comma as decimal point with something like: "if instr(cstr(1/2), ",") > 0 then" then you can fix it by replacing the "." in the string with a "," or by dividing it by the number of decimal digits * 10 .. like 123.45 / 100 (on a system with comma as decimal point it will yield to 123,45) ..
                  Or you could just force the user to switch to the "." system
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

In my carputer it won't be much of a problem since I can set it to "." without it affecting anything important, but on regular laptop usage it will be a problem.

I do find it very interesting why M$ choose to ignore this problem,
                    probably the best one could do is to make your own conversion
                    function that returns the proper format regardless of wich symbol beeing used.

/M

Comment

Working...
                    X