Rusty FD1.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty FD1.0

Well previously all the skinning I have done has been limited to just creating the main skin and keeping the sub skins by CDR. Now that CDR has done an excellent job with FD1.0 I thought I would start a new skin from scratch, this is the result.

The 4 green icons in the top left corner are FD labels I have created a new font that has these symbols in the next image you can see the menu that controls this, change from “man zoom” to “auto zoom” and the green icon will change. I had to play a bit with the label size as I am only showing 1 character of the string, but it works.

Also I have created a new font for 0 to 9 as a progressive WiFi style GPS sat count

EDIT link to the font files http://www.savefile.com/files/4734903

Some not so obvious features

- click anywhere in the bottom right corner and FD will exit
    - click the speed and it will load the speedcams menu

I have not change any of the address, fav etc OSK input skins just using the default black ones.

The skin.ini is completed and tested. The camwarning skin is not done because I don’t understand how it works so will have to do some testing with the default skin to get it clear in my head.

EDIT Thanks to rustyboxx (who this skin was dedicated too) testing the skin it all looks sweet, I have still not change the camwarnings screen but all the rest is complete. You can DL it from here, don’t forget to get the fonts.
    http://www.savefile.com/files/6762415

And if you like the Blue Next Instruction Box at the top of the screen read this post
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...7&postcount=19

Excellent looking skin

Comment

real nice skin. great work
      Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Top job. well done.
        2Fast's Tumbleweed - Spag bol's Tumbleweed - 2Fast's site

Comment

Fantastic job !

I like idea of a new font for number of sats and figuratives zoom, mode and...

Could you post your font ?

Comment

Sweet! At long last someone has dedicated a skin to me Nice job there Ash. Now, where's the DL link?
            Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
            LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by grave
              Fantastic job !

I like idea of a new font for number of sats and figuratives zoom, mode and...

Could you post your font ?
              Go for your life

EDIT Now over at freedrive.co.uk under downloads

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
                Sweet! At long last someone has dedicated a skin to me Nice job there Ash. Now, where's the DL link?
                Well since It is named after you I have PM you a DL link so you can be first to test and comment

Comment

Rusty the test pilot

Thanks Ash, will test it out today.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                  LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Okeedokee, first impressions. I've only tried it embedded in to MC2.0 in RR
                    • Downs
                    • Fades are a little slow (on an Epia M10K)
                    • ETA, ETR, Date and Time are pretty small and hard to read when embedded in RR (I might adjust the font size and see how that works)
                    • Couldn't find a button to exit FD
                    • Buttons on the lhs are a little bit fiddly on a 7" TS but certainly not unusable

Ups
                    • The skin looks great and different enough to be unique
                    • All the buttons works ok
                    • Sat signal strength bars are sweet!
                    • I like the green icons and the fact that touching them brings up a larger menu
                    • Menus are a good size and easy to use

Overall, I think you have done a fantastic job, the skin looks great and the functions are pretty easy to follow and navigate to. Nice features like the green icons make it different from other skins, especially the sat signal bars - nice touch I would imagine the buttons are easier to use when running at fullscreen but in MC2.0 things are a little fiddly which might be a problem for our fat fingered friends. Unless I'm being pretty thick and can't find it, an exit button would be pretty helpful too (apologies if I have missed it).

Thanks for the test drive, will try it out some more this afternoon.

All in all I'm happy for my name to be associated with your skin hahahahaha

Cheers

Rusty

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Only tested font.

Good Idea but 0 should be a blank caracter :

If no GPS or GPS no detected :0
                      If GPS detected but no signal or "x" sats : 00 or 0x so you get a double sign ?

Comment

Originally posted by rustyboxx
                        [*]Couldn't find a button to exit FD

Unless I'm being pretty thick and can't find it, an exit button would be pretty helpful too (apologies if I have missed it).
                        Originally posted by ashgrovered
                        - click anywhere in the bottom right corner and FD will exit

Guess what I am going to say?

Rusty you are {edited by moderator}

Comment

Thanks man, I tried that Oh well, fat fingers strike again! Either that or I need a new TS

You just love doing that dont you

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                          LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Hello,

nice skin

a question: with FD, how do you show the blue rectangle with the maneuvers (the directions)?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X