This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Release] Gamma Correction

I've finally sat down and figured out this gamma correction stuff. Here's the file I'm gonna be useing for the setgamma. Any comments about it? Works ok? Etc...
    Attached Files
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

On my Win2k machine, the project1.exe DID affect brightness but not as I'd expect. As I moved the slider around, the screen randomly went brighter and dimmer not necessarily in correlation with the numeric setting.
    Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

I got the same results on my XP Pro SP2 machine. It did change the gamma, but sent it in all sorts of wild directions. I actually reset the computer to get the gamma back to 'normal'.
      Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Yes, I know about the weird brighter, dimmer results. To reset your computer to normal move the slider all the way to the right.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Same here with XP sp1.

If you start moving the slider at -255 it gets darker till it reaches 60 at witch point it goes to the brigthest value. Then - if you keep going up with the slider, it will lighten till 255 - if you bring the slider back, it stays the same till it reaches about -130 at witch point you regain control of the gamma.

I still couldnīt make my screen go back to what it was before
          Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
          Status -->
          Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
          BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
            Same here with XP sp1.

If you start moving the slider at -255 it gets darker till it reaches 60 at witch point it goes to the brigthest value. Then - if you keep going up with the slider, it will lighten till 255 - if you bring the slider back, it stays the same till it reaches about -130 at witch point you regain control of the gamma.

I still couldnīt make my screen go back to what it was before
            Really? The darker part is expected, but what I find weird is that you can't go back. I even tested it out by moving the slider all the way to the right and going to my ATI control panel and resotring gamma, which produced no change.
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Look Here
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

The new version works slightly better. The "Test Lower" button works fine, dimming the screen. When I move the slider around, near the center the display is very bright. As I move toward either end, the darks get darker.
                Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
                  The new version works slightly better. The "Test Lower" button works fine, dimming the screen. When I move the slider around, near the center the display is very bright. As I move toward either end, the darks get darker.
                  Yep, its supposed to do that

In the final version you won't see the sliding bar because I'm gonna make a standalone version of this app for people who don't use NaviVoice.
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Full version of GammaControl

Full version of GammaControl!
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment