Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Release] GammaControl v.3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Release] GammaControl v.3

    Download GammaControl v.3 HERE!
    • Parser for sunrise/sunset values so you can have autoadjust for every day
    • Changed some things on the interface
    • Fixed the slider
    • Slower loading due to reading huge INI file
    • Documentation on how to parse the website included
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

  • #2
    Downloaded ver 3 minimize funtion is great. By changing the day / night slider to acceptable settings and viewing, everything works great. Tried playing with the clock on the pc and gamma does change according to the time set in your ini file. However, still haven't figured out the way to change the time gamma control changes screen gamma.

    From the NFO File
    "To set up the time based gamma, get the value of the slider, and then go to the INI file. There make Gamma0 the LAST month and day, and make the Gamma<High> value be the first. Then just fill in everything and enable automatic auto gamma correction."

    Couldn't find "Gamma0" or "Gamma<High>". Looked at the sunrise / sunset chart, figured columns represent months with one being sunrise and other sunset. I guess I'm having a total brain fade here. Do we have to put information from the columns sunrise / sunset converter into the ini file monthly, or is this automatic? How do we change the time that the gamma is changed?

    Sorry if these questions seem too basic, but I am really having a hard time understanding the ini and how to change the time that the gamma is changed. I am trying to get it to change to night gamma around 6:00 PM and day gamma around 6:30 AM.

    Thanks for a cool program,

    Batman
    [email protected]
    www.samshomepage.net

    Comment


    • #3
      batman
      take a look at the index.html file which comes with gammacontrol v3. it tells you how to update the ini for sunrise and sunset times for every day of the year from a table generated from US Naval Observatory website.

      hey 0l33l this program rocks!
      my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
      wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
      company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Batmanatthenewb
        Downloaded ver 3 minimize funtion is great. By changing the day / night slider to acceptable settings and viewing, everything works great. Tried playing with the clock on the pc and gamma does change according to the time set in your ini file. However, still haven't figured out the way to change the time gamma control changes screen gamma.

        From the NFO File
        "To set up the time based gamma, get the value of the slider, and then go to the INI file. There make Gamma0 the LAST month and day, and make the Gamma<High> value be the first. Then just fill in everything and enable automatic auto gamma correction."

        Couldn't find "Gamma0" or "Gamma<High>". Looked at the sunrise / sunset chart, figured columns represent months with one being sunrise and other sunset. I guess I'm having a total brain fade here. Do we have to put information from the columns sunrise / sunset converter into the ini file monthly, or is this automatic? How do we change the time that the gamma is changed?

        Sorry if these questions seem too basic, but I am really having a hard time understanding the ini and how to change the time that the gamma is changed. I am trying to get it to change to night gamma around 6:00 PM and day gamma around 6:30 AM.

        Thanks for a cool program,

        Batman
        Oops.. I forgot to change the nfo file to reflect the new changes. But yes, go read hte html file for the settings for both night and day, and it gets configured automatically

        Oh yeh, glad I fixed the slider problem

        Originally posted by kuo
        hey 0l33l this program rocks!
        Thanks
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

        1995 Lexus SC300

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kuo
          batman
          take a look at the index.html file which comes with gammacontrol v3. it tells you how to update the ini for sunrise and sunset times for every day of the year from a table generated from US Naval Observatory website.

          hey 0l33l this program rocks!
          Thanks, didn't see the html file. Everything works now.

          Batman
          [email protected]
          www.samshomepage.net

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 0l33l
            Oops.. I forgot to change the nfo file to reflect the new changes. But yes, go read hte html file for the settings for both night and day, and it gets configured automatically

            Oh yeh, glad I fixed the slider problem

            Thanks

            Thank you, great program. Now diving into Navivoice

            Batman
            [email protected]
            www.samshomepage.net

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok. Great! Any other success stories? Feature requests? Etc??
              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

              1995 Lexus SC300

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Batmanatthenewb
                Thank you, great program. Now diving into Navivoice

                Batman
                About NaviVoice. Remove the gamma parameters since you have GammaControl running. I'm gonna redo the gamma control in NaviVoice to reflect and use the same file as GammaControl. Plus I wanna get rid of some bugs, and maybe add a few features.
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

                1995 Lexus SC300

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the info
                  [email protected]
                  www.samshomepage.net

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Updated the ZIP file with a better NFO

                    Any more suggestings, etc? I've integrated 100% of this program into NaviVoice
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

                    1995 Lexus SC300

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow, great prog!

                      I'd like to be able to change brightness and contrast as well, can this be added to gammacontrol, this enables me to get the screen even darker.
                      Also.. how about making the adjustment from daytime to nighttime gradually? Say that it can use a +/- 1/2'n hour to go from night to day and vise versa. That would be really cool

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by t_bear
                        Wow, great prog!

                        I'd like to be able to change brightness and contrast as well, can this be added to gammacontrol, this enables me to get the screen even darker.
                        Also.. how about making the adjustment from daytime to nighttime gradually? Say that it can use a +/- 1/2'n hour to go from night to day and vise versa. That would be really cool
                        Thanks

                        Unfortunatly I can't change the brightness or contrast in software because the only thing I'm offered is the gamma control. Adjustment from daytime to nighttime gradually is a waste of code because you won't notice the gamma changing anyways.

                        BTW: Does the daylight savings time have any effect on that site? I didn't implement a way to add or subtract time.
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

                        1995 Lexus SC300

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 0l33l
                          Unfortunatly I can't change the brightness or contrast in software because the only thing I'm offered is the gamma control.
                          This can be accomplished with the Set Gamma Ramp api.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by eatyummypuppies
                            This can be accomplished with the Set Gamma Ramp api.
                            Please help then. The delphi examples, or the lack thereof, suck. I had to randomly guess numbers to get it to do the gammaramp down.
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

                            1995 Lexus SC300

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I mentioned this in the other thread:
                              Originally posted by eatyummypuppies
                              The problem with your gamma slider is that the set of your gamma ramp values must be a logarithmic curve, not a line. Compressing that curve vertically will reduce the contrast, horizontally, the brightness.
                              Anyway, here's what I found: Gamma-Rampen!

                              Crazy Germans.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X