• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Release] GammaControl v1.8

New in this version:
    • Fixed resume bug... finally tested.

Notes:
    If you get a "Class not registered error" then that means that you do not have map monkey installed or fully registered. Uncheck that option in the config.

Oh, and don't forget to run config.

Also, don't forget to donate

Download v1.8 Now!
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

I'll be out of town till friday (damn mandatory school trip ), so I expect a large list of bugs (hopefully not) and feature requests.

Donations are motivating for continuing development
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Thanks ol33l. Installed, and will test tomorrow morning to see what happens after resume!
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Bad news. According to my testing, it does not play well with Hibernation
        2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

same issue

After resuming from Hiber it still stayed in night mode from the previous evening. Any ideas???

Comment

In many ways, 1.7 worked better. It had the resume bug, but at least it didn't do some odd stuff that 1.8 is doing.

I have noticed that 1.8:

1) Does not switch settings after hibernate, and
            2) Doesn't play well with CF after hibernate (after trying to manually force the correct setting through the config window og GC, it tends to switch to a darker gamme anyways after CF loads... this happens only after resume. 1.7 didn't exhibit this behaviour)
            2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Damn bugs
              I actually did hibernation testing and it send me a message that it would update the gamma.

My guess: windows won't accept change gamma messages the second it resumes.
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                Damn bugs
                My guess: windows won't accept change gamma messages the second it resumes.
                But I thought GC would check every few minutes, no? So even if it fails to change it the second it resumes, why wouldn't it change the gamma a few minutes later on the next 'check'?

Also, I am starting to think this has to do with CF itself.... ITest it out with CF Launched. There's something odd going on with the internal CF gamma switching. Perhaps CF does it's own Gamma Check upon resume? I haven't quite honed in on the issue, but I am noticing CF interferes with GC.
                2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                  But I thought GC would check every few minutes, no? So even if it fails to change it the second it resumes, why wouldn't it change the gamma a few minutes later on the next 'check'?

Also, I am starting to think this has to do with CF itself.... ITest it out with CF Launched. There's something odd going on with the internal CF gamma switching. Perhaps CF does it's own Gamma Check upon resume? I haven't quite honed in on the issue, but I am noticing CF interferes with GC.
                  Well, i stopped checking every few min because it was flooding some of the SDKs. Plus it wasn't "proper" code. It made my program act as if it was written in VB

Maybe it is CF. I don't know. I don't use it.
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

ol33l: So have you tested and confirmed that if you hibernate at NIGHT, and resume during DAY, it will switch over correctly?

You said you tested (earlier post), but not sure under what scenario!

I love this utility, I am so frustrated it won't work correctly though. This is my number one 'support software' in my carPC
                    2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

ol33l: So have you tested and confirmed that if you hibernate at NIGHT, and resume during DAY, it will switch over correctly?

You said you tested (earlier post), but not sure under what scenario!

I love this utility, I am so frustrated it won't work correctly though. This is my number one 'support software' in my carPC
                      I tested it at night, and it resumed, and told me that it was going to switch the gamma to night. I thought it would work in the real world. Looks like i'm gonna have to do some more testing.
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I think you're almost there. Just hibernate at nght, and resume during day -- see what happens under those circumstances, and hopefully fix the bug. Fingers crossed!!!
                        2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

I think you're almost there. Just hibernate at nght, and resume during day -- see what happens under those circumstances, and hopefully fix the bug. Fingers crossed!!!
                          Well, kindo hard to do that when u're programming at 3am

I'll **** around with the time before I hibernate next time.
                          I'll try to work on this later tonight.
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

ol33l:

FYI, I ran a test yesterday/today:

Yesterday night I rebooted my carpc, left it in the desktop (already switched to NIGHT gamma). I then had it hibernate.

Then this morning, and went ahead and resumed from hibernate, and it did not switch to DAY.

The point of the story, is that CentraFuse had nothing to do with anything in this scenario, yet it did not work. Just so you know!
                            2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

ol33l:

FYI, I ran a test yesterday/today:

Yesterday night I rebooted my carpc, left it in the desktop (already switched to NIGHT gamma). I then had it hibernate.

Then this morning, and went ahead and resumed from hibernate, and it did not switch to DAY.

The point of the story, is that CentraFuse had nothing to do with anything in this scenario, yet it did not work. Just so you know!
                              Any updates?
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X