Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First character cut off on client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First character cut off on client

    App seems to run quite well (though slow...) however I did stumble across a bug.

    All root folders on the client after mirror sync are missing the first character. This is not changed at all on the server. So after syncing folder "Music" will show up "usic" and folder "audiobooks" shows up "udiobooks" etc.

    Any fix?

    Thanks and good work!
    Asus Pundit Barebones PC
    7" Lilliput LCD
    P4 2.8ghz 512mb 120gb
    Windows XP Pro, VOICES
    Sony Xplode 10in Sub, Rockford 600w amp
    Pioneer 6x9's and 4x6's, Kenwood 4ch amp
    Black Widow Alarm with Pager

  • #2
    Originally posted by ryguy
    App seems to run quite well (though slow...) however I did stumble across a bug.

    All root folders on the client after mirror sync are missing the first character. This is not changed at all on the server. So after syncing folder "Music" will show up "usic" and folder "audiobooks" shows up "udiobooks" etc.

    Any fix?

    Thanks and good work!
    I'll look into that one.

    As far as speed is concerned, the only thing I am aware of that can affect performance is the speed at which your wireless network is running. I've not heard anyone complain of that before. Is there any specific way in which it is slow ?
    EZSync - http://www.richmet.com/ezsync

    Comment


    • #3
      Regarding speed I am running on a 100mbit network (for initial sync) and it seems to copy files much slower than it would if i was simply copying and pasting files within explorer (across the network). This could be a result of any kind of error checking you are doing?
      Asus Pundit Barebones PC
      7" Lilliput LCD
      P4 2.8ghz 512mb 120gb
      Windows XP Pro, VOICES
      Sony Xplode 10in Sub, Rockford 600w amp
      Pioneer 6x9's and 4x6's, Kenwood 4ch amp
      Black Widow Alarm with Pager

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm experiencing the same issue when doing a mirror of the server. The Client thinks it's missing the folders because instead of /foldername, it's copying it as /oldername

        Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BikeBoy24
          I'm experiencing the same issue when doing a mirror of the server. The Client thinks it's missing the folders because instead of /foldername, it's copying it as /oldername

          Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks.
          I couldn't reproduce it here, hence I couldn't fix it. Can you post your config (ezsyncsrv.ini) ?
          EZSync - http://www.richmet.com/ezsync

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ric355
            I couldn't reproduce it here, hence I couldn't fix it. Can you post your config (ezsyncsrv.ini) ?
            The problem occurs when I'm syncing with the root directory of a drive. In my case, I'm syncing my E:\ with C:\mp3s

            How are the directory names parsed? Is it possible that the "\" in "E:\" is messing it up?

            Here is my ezsyncsrv.ini

            [Config]
            ClientInstallDrive=C:
            StartMinimized=1
            ExtraUpgradeFilesInstalled=1
            [Directories]
            E:\=C:\mp3s,S,*.*

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BikeBoy24
              The problem occurs when I'm syncing with the root directory of a drive. In my case, I'm syncing my E:\ with C:\mp3s

              How are the directory names parsed? Is it possible that the "\" in "E:\" is messing it up?

              Here is my ezsyncsrv.ini

              [Config]
              ClientInstallDrive=C:
              StartMinimized=1
              ExtraUpgradeFilesInstalled=1
              [Directories]
              E:\=C:\mp3s,S,*.*

              I'm on a roll - I've reproduced this one as well now. Should be able to fix it with a bit of debugging.

              Ric.
              EZSync - http://www.richmet.com/ezsync

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ric355
                I'm on a roll - I've reproduced this one as well now. Should be able to fix it with a bit of debugging.

                Ric.
                Fixed.
                EZSync - http://www.richmet.com/ezsync

                Comment


                • #9
                  Awesome!!!

                  When will there be a new release?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X