Able to auto-upload logs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Able to auto-upload logs?

I really like the idea of live tracking, and I think it's cool to do once in a while with my cell phone. But realistically, I can't always do that. What I really want is the ability to know where my car is if it ever were to get stolen. Chances are if it's stolen my cell phone won't be in there, but my wifi adapter will. Almost every stoplight you sit at, it connects to a wireless network. Would it be possible to have GPSSecure upload the location log every time it gets connected to the internet? I know it can do it on time intervals, but reacting to a connection to the internet would be much more reliable. Anyway this is possible?

Thanks for the great work,
    Dan

Originally posted by dmurray14
    I really like the idea of live tracking, and I think it's cool to do once in a while with my cell phone. But realistically, I can't always do that. What I really want is the ability to know where my car is if it ever were to get stolen. Chances are if it's stolen my cell phone won't be in there, but my wifi adapter will. Almost every stoplight you sit at, it connects to a wireless network. Would it be possible to have GPSSecure upload the location log every time it gets connected to the internet? I know it can do it on time intervals, but reacting to a connection to the internet would be much more reliable. Anyway this is possible?

Thanks for the great work,
    Dan
    Ya, definitely
    Sorry everyone for the lack of updates but my computer has been devoted to rendering and programming the renderer for my advanced graphics class for the past few weeks. I really wish I could work on it more but I'm limited to chat and browsing till my CPU is freed up
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

No problem. If you could put it on your to-do list, though, that would be great.

Dan

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Sorry, I've been on vacation and developement will start again very soon.
          Installed.

Comment

Just letting you know that I am working on this. It is part of a slew of changes that I am making with the client/server communication so it should be hear shortly.
            Installed.

Comment

looking foward to the changes. I'm back up and running with a new GPS mouse, so I can play again. Oh, has anything been done about the FreeDrive support?

It's good to have you back workin with us again xBrady

Comment

Originally posted by techy101
                looking foward to the changes. I'm back up and running with a new GPS mouse, so I can play again. Oh, has anything been done about the FreeDrive support?

It's good to have you back workin with us again xBrady
                Ya, I fixed the FreeDrive problem (I moved the thread to the bugs forum). Turns out CdR had changed the format of what he was sending
                I almost have the web stuff back up as I'm moving to a much more stable server.
                Installed.

Comment

Working...
                X