Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPSSecure and its future:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GPSSecure and its future:

    GPSSecure and its future:
    In 2 weeks I'll be done with school for the fall semester. Next semester I'll be doing my senior project. I've pretty much convinced my team to help me rewrite, and improve upon GPSSecure (with tons new features). Until then I'm just going to get the current beta version back up and probably not do many additions to it until next semester. I'll release the beta version to everyone on the acceptance of the fact that after I update it next semester they are going to lose all of their previous history. Rest assured this project is not dead but it will be 3 weeks before I get the beta version back up and released (to everyone).

    P.S. I'm basically building a GPSSecure duplicate for work but for the pocket PC and so I'm learning tons of cool things from that. Plus I'll eventually be integrating it with some navigation software at work and so hopefully that will end up in GPSSecure too!

    Brady
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  • #2
    Great News!
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

    Comment


    • #3
      nice.. good luck with your project(s)
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

      Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

      Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

      __________________
      CarPC Newbs Start Here: All your questions answered, as if by E.S.P.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by xBrady
        GPSSecure and its future:
        In 2 weeks I'll be done with school for the fall semester. Next semester I'll be doing my senior project. I've pretty much convinced my team to help me rewrite, and improve upon GPSSecure (with tons new features). Until then I'm just going to get the current beta version back up and probably not do many additions to it until next semester. I'll release the beta version to everyone on the acceptance of the fact that after I update it next semester they are going to lose all of their previous history. Rest assured this project is not dead but it will be 3 weeks before I get the beta version back up and released (to everyone).

        P.S. I'm basically building a GPSSecure duplicate for work but for the pocket PC and so I'm learning tons of cool things from that. Plus I'll eventually be integrating it with some navigation software at work and so hopefully that will end up in GPSSecure too!

        Brady
        Any news on the PPC client at all ?

        Terran
        My Project Site

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi ccsnet,
          about a ppc software have a look at: http://www.geocities.com/oxcarz12/
          Some times you cannot acess but keep trying.
          It works. I donīt know if itīs possible to combine with GpsSecure.
          Regards
          Helio

          Comment


          • #6
            Man I never see these thread updates till way after. I am subscribed to the sub-forum but don't get the updates most the time.

            I'd definitely do a PPC version if I had a PPC. Unfortunately I don't have one. I do know how to code on them because I've taken a class on it, and I code on them at work for one of our special projects. Just a matter of me getting one which I dunno will happen.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.


            -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by xBrady
              Man I never see these thread updates till way after. I am subscribed to the sub-forum but don't get the updates most the time.

              I'd definitely do a PPC version if I had a PPC. Unfortunately I don't have one. I do know how to code on them because I've taken a class on it, and I code on them at work for one of our special projects. Just a matter of me getting one which I dunno will happen.
              Cough... do you want the WM2005 Emu ?

              Terran
              My Project Site

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ccsnet
                Cough... do you want the WM2005 Emu ?

                Terran
                Can I hook a GPS receiver up to it ?
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.


                -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by xBrady
                  Can I hook a GPS receiver up to it ?
                  Yep - emulates USB com ports as a com port.

                  Just need a FTP server.... ( its big ) although I did post the link some where here a while ago...

                  Terran
                  My Project Site

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll set you up an FTP dir and PM you the location. So my GPS receiver broke right before senior project demonstration My team did win first place out of 19 teams though so I'm happy about that . After my trip next week I'll get the new program up and running for mp3car. It was written mostly for a business scenario with a job ticketing system built in.
                    I've got lot's of new features that GPSSecure didn't previously have but there are some things I need to get in this version that GPSSecure did have and this one lacks.
                    Anyways... I'm on the lookout for a good price on a GPS receiver so that I can continue devlopement.
                    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                    Installed.


                    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xBrady
                      I'll set you up an FTP dir and PM you the location. So my GPS receiver broke right before senior project demonstration My team did win first place out of 19 teams though so I'm happy about that . After my trip next week I'll get the new program up and running for mp3car. It was written mostly for a business scenario with a job ticketing system built in.
                      I've got lot's of new features that GPSSecure didn't previously have but there are some things I need to get in this version that GPSSecure did have and this one lacks.
                      Anyways... I'm on the lookout for a good price on a GPS receiver so that I can continue devlopement.
                      PMed you.. its on the way... will beta when I'm back on line if you want... both PC and PPC...

                      Terran
                      My Project Site

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        PPC client

                        Hi xBrady,
                        If you want one more Beta tester let me know.
                        Regards
                        Heliodoro

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          xBrady - Done.... and I've added you to my MSN... you'll see when I'm back from that....

                          Terran
                          My Project Site

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X