[RELEASE - Public]GPSSecure - GPS Tracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE - Public]GPSSecure - GPS Tracking

Finally after months and months of not working on this I pulled everything together again and am releasing a public version of the beta. The car client should be pretty good but the web page needs some more work.
    If you don't know what GPSSecure is, read this: What is GPSSecure?
    You will first need to register with a username/password on the registration page before you will be able to upload any logs.
    You can get the software here: http://www.gpssecure.net

If you were previously a beta tester all of your information should still be on there.

Please, let me know of any problems, questions, or requests.
    Brady
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Unable to register at site.

I receive the following.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    WebApp.Register.ImageButton1_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +704
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(Imag eClickEventArgs e) +109
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.U I.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +69
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +33
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Comment

Yeah, the registration doesn't work
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Whoohoo, I'll be checking it out later tonight.
        www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Ya, so I should make sure that when I test, I don't just test on my local machine. Sorry about the registration. I'll fix it when I get home from work in an hour.
          Installed.

Comment

Sorry about that. The page is working now
            Installed.

Comment

Hey xBrady, I never did get to view my logs of my European vacation this summer. Thanks for saving them!

Tues Jun 2nd 2005 at 2:22:01 PM , Speed:520MPH anybody gonna try and top that?

I'm sure I can do better over water.

Amazingly google maps can keep up but when viewing the log, the poor speedo is pegged. Google is barfing on europe, but the satellite images are perfect, amazing clarity. WOW!
              HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
                Hey xBrady, I never did get to view my logs of my European vacation this summer. Thanks for saving them!

Tues Jun 2nd 2005 at 2:22:01 PM , Speed:520MPH anybody gonna try and top that?

I'm sure I can do better over water.

Amazingly google maps can keep up but when viewing the log, the poor speedo is pegged. Google is barfing on europe, but the satellite images are perfect, amazing clarity. WOW!
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61557
                Installed.

Comment

Damn kill joy,

But were they upside down pulling 5 Gs at the time.
                  HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Congrats xBrady! Some day I'll get off my A$$ and finish up SKINbedder as well .

Comment

Updates server only once and a couple of other bugs

Hey Brady,

Nice work on GPSSecure.

I'm running GPSSecure on my XP Home laptop. I was able to get it to update the server once only when it first started. After that the status box says "No log info to upload". It has been running for about an hour.
                      Logging Options are set to:
                      Position Logging - on
                      Position Log Freq - 15 sec
                      Attempt Server Log upload every - 15 sec
                      Live Position Upload Every - 5 sec.

I'm running my GPS in demo mode so it just travels a straight line north. The GPS is connected and is updating the coordinates in the GPSSecure main window.

I also noticed the GPSSecure process appears to be leaking handles. The handle count is over 5,000 and climbing after an hour.
                      It also throws an exception when I hit "Connect" when the com port is in use by another app.

I'm exploring technologies like GPSSecure for my Google Earth/GPS Multi-Tracking app.

Keep up the good work!
                      -Dave

GooPs Google Earth GPS Tracking and Navigation

Get GooPs!

Comment

Originally posted by davidhite
                        Hey Brady,

Nice work on GPSSecure.

I'm running GPSSecure on my XP Home laptop. I was able to get it to update the server once only when it first started. After that the status box says "No log info to upload". It has been running for about an hour.
                        Logging Options are set to:
                        Position Logging - on
                        Position Log Freq - 15 sec
                        Attempt Server Log upload every - 15 sec
                        Live Position Upload Every - 5 sec.

I'm running my GPS in demo mode so it just travels a straight line north. The GPS is connected and is updating the coordinates in the GPSSecure main window.

I also noticed the GPSSecure process appears to be leaking handles. The handle count is over 5,000 and climbing after an hour.
                        It also throws an exception when I hit "Connect" when the com port is in use by another app.

I'm exploring technologies like GPSSecure for my Google Earth/GPS Multi-Tracking app.

Keep up the good work!
                        Well something is definitely up if your handle count is going that high. I let it run on my computer for 3 hours and it was still at 24.

If you turn of server log upload and let it run is the log file being added too?
                        Installed.

Comment

Originally posted by davidhite
                          my Google Earth/GPS Multi-Tracking app.
                          ...please elaborate. Do you have a link to your project? I was planning on doing this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                            ...please elaborate. Do you have a link to your project? I was planning on doing this as well.
                            Check his sig.
                            Installed.

Comment

LOL. Ok, that was dumb. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X