CDMA Phones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDMA Phones

Well, I tried to use my CDMA phone (Samsung A600, VGA1000, A620) to no avail. All I got was the "failed to open port" on my USB connection COM3. Oh well, hopefully in the future!!

The sad part is I am stuck on this contract for 1.5 years. And even if I did switch, I would miss the speed of the Sprint Vision internet connection. It is supposedly faster than the GSM networks.
    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
    512mb DDR333
    Windows XPpro SP2

Have you ever used it as a modem before, or do you need help setting it up?

Comment

No I haven't. I just didn't know where to start since my phone is technically not supported. Do you have a PCS phone?
      512mb DDR333
      Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

yes

You need to download the drivers for your phone model, and windows should detect it as a modem. Then setup a standard dial up connection to the number #777 with not username and password.

That should get you online, just remember to set the modem port speed to 115k or 230k.

Comment

Well, I can get online but how do you get Phonecontrol.net to work with it?
          512mb DDR333
          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

I do not know, as I have not played with it and I know that phone model is not on the compatibility list. Have you tried using it in hyper terminal with the AT commands?

Comment

No, I'm not much of a programmer so I don't understand that stuff. I'm on the hardware side of things.

Someone named Bryan posted in the super long thread that he got it to work with his CDMA phone, but he hasn't posted how.
              512mb DDR333
              Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Basically you need to setup you phone to the proper COM port in the settings box, and that should do it. I would recommend getting someone local who is familiar with setting up and admin on windows to help you.

Comment

I'll look into it, thanks for posting.
                  512mb DDR333
                  Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

CDMA phones

Sorry for the delay in answering you DDOGG777. My phone is an LG VX4500. You might want to try adding the lines into your config file that Zorro listed in his replies to me. I still need to test a few things further, and have just been especially busy over the last week (sorry Zorro I'll be testing it soon...). Currently, you might be able to get the phone to dial right now, and possibly hangup from your touchscreen commands. Additionally, your phonebook entries can be imported into PhoneControl.

It's important to mention that I am NOT sure whether or not your specific phone is based on the same OS as mine, but I seem to think that most CDMA phones are - from what I've been reading. You might also take a little bit of time to see if you can find out some of "hack" info for you phone. I had to search rather exhaustively before I was able to find a site that explained how to get my phone to dial from the computer.

I'm sure that as soon as I can get some more testing in, I'll be able to help you out more with a step-by-step procedure. Good luck!!

Bryan

Comment

Guys, a new version is online with the recent changes in the configuration file as Bryan mentioned on the other thread.
                      It contains now (Bryan's) settings for a "LG (CDMA)" phone that hopefully will work on other CDMA phones too.

Download the binaries (with the new PhoneCtl.Config.xml), copy them over then start PhoneControl. It will come up with the initial config dialog. Set the appropriate Port and the Vendor to "LG (CDMA)".
                      Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

also..

check out www.howardforums.com if you haven't seen it already. its the biggest community for mobile guru's and I'm sure someone can give you an answer there.

also, have you seen this?:

http://www.opm-2.com/

rather interesting
                        2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
                        Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
                        Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by pyros
                          check out www.howardforums.com if you haven't seen it already. its the biggest community for mobile guru's and I'm sure someone can give you an answer there.

also, have you seen this?:

http://www.opm-2.com/

rather interesting
                          Lot a stuff... thanx
                          Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Thanks guys!!
                            Bryan, do you use PCS connection manager? Or is phonecontrol.net work as the comm driver? Also, have you been able to use your computer as the headset or just controlling the phone to make/answer calls?
                            512mb DDR333
                            Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

I tried using my Samsung VGA 1000/ a620 with the LG (CDMA) settings. I can manually dial calls with the software (very cool), but nothing with the phone book. Make any more progress with this? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X