CarPC and BT-Headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC and BT-Headset

Some days ago I tried to configure my EPIA as BT headset for my phone (SE T610) and everything went ok except one little thing.....as described in Zorro's FAQ, BT adapters are answering automatically when an incoming call is deteced. This seems because when the headset service is running on the PC, the opens automatically the connection to the phone when the phone request it.
    After some I foud that we have one service and one application per side that works toghether: headset on PC side (service and application) and audio gateway on phone side (service and application). We can enable also audio gateway on pc side but this is another story....
    When we receive an incoming call, the phone gatway application calls the heaset service of the PC, the connection will be established automatically (no user interaction required) and the call will be accpeted by the phone. If I'm not wrong, the only way to solve this problem is to disable the headset service and to manually connect to the phone audio gateway on a call
    This seems a limitation on the headset service to me, but I'd have missed something....

Installation: 90% complete - fiberglassing
    EPIA M10000 - 512Mb - 20GB
    Lilliput 7" TS - Opus 150W PCB - DLink USB Radio - slim CD-ROM - SoundBlaster MP3+ - not so crappy 40x4 Amp - BU303 GPS (waiting for) - BT support

BTW I know that I'm a little OT here, but I think that Zorro should be interested on this thread.

Lilliput 7" TS - Opus 150W PCB - DLink USB Radio - slim CD-ROM - SoundBlaster MP3+ - not so crappy 40x4 Amp - BU303 GPS (waiting for) - BT support

Comment

Sorry, I tried to follow along but I'm confused as to what the problem is. You get a incoming call, the computer will answer it since it's the headset, but you don't want that, you want to answer the phone with the phone only?

Comment

he wants an option to answer or not answer the call using the car pc i think, rather than a call from his girlfriend automatically be answered while his wife is in the car... :P

Comment

A sort of .....
          Simple version: I want the carpc to act as headset and to let me choose to answer an incoming call or not.
          I wrote it too much technical and too much confused, but I have found nothingh with and I hope to find some BT guru around

Comment

Yes, you're right in both: The behaviour of the BT software and that I'm interessted in

I'm well aware of this problem and theoretically there would be a solution for that. There is a SDK from Widcomm for the Bluetooth stack, which allows the developer to get such notifications as "Connection request" for the Headset and, within this notification, to allow or reject the request.

Unfortunately, this SDK cost about $1400 (including two BT dongles - what a waste as like a developer who does such apps don't have one already) but this is yet not an option for me

A imaginable solution would be: If any developer out there has this SDK and can compose a C# class (or anyting that can be integrated in C#/.NET e.g. COM, DLL), which allows me to get such a notification and accept or reject the connection request for the headset.

So , go for it guys
            Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

I'm on it
              .NET is not my homeworld but I know enough of VB & VC++ and when I'll find some documentation (I'm not going to buy WIDCOMM SDK) I'll give you a DLL.

Comment

Originally posted by BeamRider
                I'm on it
                .NET is not my homeworld but I know enough of VB & VC++ and when I'll find some documentation (I'm not going to buy WIDCOMM SDK) I'll give you a DLL.
                Groovy

I look forward to it...
                but I'm afraid, you wont' get far without the SDK. They use some structures that are not explained anywhere (except in the SDK I suppose). You will need this information to setup the notification event sinks proper.
                I've tried it once but I didn't get it to work... you might be lucky

To start off, you can import the BTSTACKSERVERLib into VB and parse it with the Object Browser. There you'll find (beside many others) a class named BTHSPApi. This is the one for the Headset. It offers two events "StateChange" and "ConnectRequest". Now comes the tricky part: They supply a bunch of parameters which are declared as "Variant" which means, that could be nothing and everything (supposebly, there must be some structrue / class behind).

That's where I got stuck.

Somehow (playing around with the BT Monitor) I figured out the following:
                pBda - is a byte array of 6 bytes
                pDevClass - is a byte array of 3 bytes
                pDevName - is a bytes array of 248 bytes
                pDevGuid - is a guid (16 bytes)

Im not quite sure, whether this information is correct or not.

So, this is all info I can give to you. Hopefully you can use this to find out the structures. The rest should be very easy to implement .... I think

Comment

hey BeamRider, what kind of phone do you have?
                  I have a T68i and there is an option on the phone to have the audio automaticly go to the pc and if you want it to auto answer or not. This option is not on the pc side, you have to do it on your phone.
                  01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                  01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                  mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Another SDK options...

Hi Zorro,

First of all, excellent job done for creating the PhoneControl software. Excellent very useful application. I tried it and it works great on my SE T610 with Kensington (model# K33085) bluetooth usb adapter. (you can add this to your compatible bluetooth usb adapters).

However, I was having the same problem that any new call automatically gets answered. I was just thinking if it is possible to use another SDK other than Widcomm's SDK to do this!

I don't know too much about this but found this forum by someone:
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=bluetooth+sdk

Take a look at it and see if any of those links on that forum help!

Let me know please.

Thanks,
                    Vish

Comment

Originally posted by Vish
                      ...However, I was having the same problem that any new call automatically gets answered. I was just thinking if it is possible to use another SDK other than Widcomm's SDK to do this!

I don't know too much about this but found this forum by someone:
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=bluetooth+sdk
                      Hi Vish,

thank you for the information about your dongle. It's now in the list.

I took a look into the threads you sent me. Unfortunately, this are projects/products very similar to PhoneControl.NET. They don't use any kind of SDK, they only use the Bluetooth virtual COM port.

You know, there are only a couple of vendors who have such things as Bluetooth drivers (3 or 4 AFAIK). Widcomm is one of them and they managed it to spread their product almost all over the world.
                      If I'd use another SDK, you would have to uninstall your current driver and install the one I'm using. This could lead to so much side effects.

So, this is the reason why it has to be the Widcomm.

But I know also, that there are a few developers out there, who use the SDK to build their own products / tools upon. Maybe, one day someone has to offer such a package that I can afford

Comment

I forgot to notify the compatibility with Sitecom Class 1 USB dongle (model CN-502), but when the dongle uses a good stack (as WIDCOMM is) I think that all BT adapters are compatible with PhoneControl.

liquid_smoke: I have a T610 and it has the answer mode settings, but it's not the phone answering the call, it's the virtual BT headset (my carputer).

Comment

This could be total noob question

This is probibly a TOTAL NOOB question, what microphone are people using to make their Car PC a speaker phone? I want something that is directed and sensitive... my car is pretty modified and the exhaust can be quite deep, sometimes it resonates though the car. Just wondering what people are using?

Comment

I think sp1 for xp has BT manager built in, making the widcommm sw not needed.
                            Don't know if this will help tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Phrozenpenguin
                              I think sp1 for xp has BT manager built in, making the widcommm sw not needed.
                              Don't know if this will help tho!
                              SP2 has it, SP1 don't. As far as I know, it's not very stable yet (maybe because it's still not released).

Beside, I didn't hear anything about an API from Microsofts side... However, this will be the next on my list, as soon the release is available

<edit>
                              A closer look on Microsoft's website told me, that the in SP2 implemented BT-Stack won't support any HSP Profile. Thus, you'll still need the Widcomm stack for such functionallity as connecting to a Headset.
                              </edit>

Comment

Working...
                              X