Nokia Phones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia Phones

As many 6310i users (including myself) found out, Nokia decided to be very nice, and only support their own headsets/headset profiles. However, after doing some research and over an hour of talking to a Nokia tech on the phone here is what i found:

First of all, type in *#0000# to find the current firmware you are using on your phone. In my case it was 4.xx (dont remember exactly). The latest firmware for nokias is 5.51 i believe. Since the 5.50 version, the BT support has been MUCH better as i found out from both the tech and countless web-sites that i went to verify this (however some users still reported inability to connect through a headset profile). If you cant add the headset profile, you almost certainly have 4.x firmware on your phone though. To get it upgraded check the nokia site for your local shop that can do it (most cant, they just send it in to nokia to get updated, which takes 1~2 weeks). This service is free if it is covered by your warranty still, if not you pay for shipping. Also dont forget that you will loose all your data when you upgrade the firmware, so back it up first!

I'm about to send off my phone to get it updated, so I'll keep you updated on the status when it gets back.
    ----------------------
    VIA Epia II
    256MB 266DDR Ram
    90GB Wester Digital
    Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    ----------------------
    Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Nokia Mobile Phone

Anyone have a Nokia 6230 and can comment on whether or not it works (well) with this software?

Also any comments on this phone generally appreciated. Am about to buy a phone and was about to buy s sony-ericsson t630 until I saw this one.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Guys, I've merged your two threads together. I think, it's easier to find something if the threads are grouped by topics.

Z.

@GingerPrince
      I'm not quite sure cause this one is brandnew. But upon the data sheet on Nokias website, it doesn't seem to be a Symbian OS phone. In that case, this one has good prospects to work with PhoneControl in the old fashioned way (supposebly with slight limitations).

Another thing would be the Headset function. But as iG figured out, Nokia (hopefully) may have learned from the past

So, if someone out there owns this phone, please test it. If you need support for get it running with PhoCO, please let me know.
      Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

6230 looks pretty slick Gotta wait till monday to send off the phone! Ugh! :P
        ----------------------
        VIA Epia II
        256MB 266DDR Ram
        90GB Wester Digital
        Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
        Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
        ----------------------
        Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by zorro
          So, if someone out there owns this phone, please test it. If you need support for get it running with PhoCO, please let me know.
          Well, I just ordered one, so hopefully I can let you know in a few days!

Guinea Pig
          (i mean, Sy! )

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
          CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Nokia 6230

Zorro - just got a Nokia 6230 and tested it quickly with Phone control. At startup it will not read the phonebook from either SIM or MEMORY. I have created a phone book using the blank template on your site and calls to and from the Nokia seem to work OK.

I have PM'd you with a copy of the the PhoneCtlLog.txt file. Will test it a bit more thoroughly tomorrow.

telstargb

Mondeo 1.8 Zetec : Epia 800 : 60gb drive : Lilliput 7" VGA : Sapphire USB GPS : Opus 90w : WinXP : Road Runer : Destinator

Comment

BTW using Belkin F8T003uk USB/BT adapter with the above

Mondeo 1.8 Zetec : Epia 800 : 60gb drive : Lilliput 7" VGA : Sapphire USB GPS : Opus 90w : WinXP : Road Runer : Destinator

Comment

Originally posted by telstargb
                BTW using Belkin F8T003uk USB/BT adapter with the above
                Hi telstar,

how's you progress with the 6230? Did you try to send/receive an SMS? I didn't see such commands in the logfile.
                For the phonebook: I'm afraid you will have to export it from anywhere, since the phone doesn't accept any phonebook setting.

Comment

Hi telstar,

how's you progress with the 6230? Did you try to send/receive an SMS? I didn't see such commands in the logfile.
                  For the phonebook: I'm afraid you will have to export it from anywhere, since the phone doesn't accept any phonebook setting.
                  No great problem with the phonebook, I'll have to import it somehow.

SMS send and receive are OK, but when sending a message it is not saved in the phone 'Sent Items' memory so I can't tell when checking with the phone what I've sent. This is a big problem as I need to keep track of what i've sent.

Also could winamp be muted when a SMS is received?

Thanks

telstargb

Comment

No great problem with the phonebook, I'll have to import it somehow.
                    If you've got the Nokia PC-Suite installed, try to export the names and numbers in a CSV-File. Then you can easily import them with PBConverter.
                    SMS send and receive are OK, but when sending a message it is not saved in the phone 'Sent Items' memory so I can't tell when checking with the phone what I've sent. This is a big problem as I need to keep track of what i've sent.
                    Let me see, what I can do.
                    Also could winamp be muted when a SMS is received?
                    It's supposed to. You have to take care what mode you have set in the winamp.ini (taskbar=). If you have set it to 0, it should be no problem at all. Mode 2 will not work.
                    Please keep in mind, that it'll be only muted when you direct PhoCo to read the SMS.

Comment

Please keep in mind, that it'll be only muted when you direct PhoCo to read the SMS.
                      OK didn't realise that. I was hoping it would mute when SMS received to alert me that I had received a message, or announce message received (from name in phonebook would be nice!). As you said it mutes OK when reading the message.

Comment

OK didn't realise that. I was hoping it would mute when SMS received to alert me that I had received a message, or announce message received (from name in phonebook would be nice!). As you said it mutes OK when reading the message.
                        In the latest version of PhoCo (which I released today ) you can specifiy a ringtone when a SMS is incoming. Simply put the tag <SMStone>...</SMStone> into your config file in the MainWindow section and put a reference to a WAV-File into.

I've implemented this to support mobile phone modules but you may use this as well.

Comment

In the latest version of PhoCo (which I released today )
                          Thanks - is it on your site yet? Your download page shows last file date changes 30th April

telstargb

Comment

Yes it is. You may refresh the download page. It should say 2004-05-09

Comment

[Originally Posted by telstargb]

Let me see, what I can do.
                              ...so, was this problem solved? i'm 5 days close to buying this nokia 6230. plz. plz. plz. let me know 'coz i don't want to get the 6220, apart from being already an old model, it's also is far more expensive than the 6230, plus i also want to use my mm card from my siemens sl42 to the new 6230.

danon

->zorro, you rock man!
                              [....99.9%]
                              [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                              [....99.8%]
                              [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                              [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Working...
                              X