Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SonyEricsson Phones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SonyEricsson Phones

    I installed PhoneControl and IrComm driver and connect my P800 with infrared. I can call to people and see Sim-Card phone book but when trying to send SMS, program is giving an error message. Am I doing something wrong or is there some settings for sms or restrictions in phone number that prevents me to send sms?
    Nobody liked my monkey :(

  • #2
    Originally posted by JanneZ
    I installed PhoneControl and IrComm driver and connect my P800 with infrared. I can call to people and see Sim-Card phone book but when trying to send SMS, program is giving an error message. Am I doing something wrong or is there some settings for sms or restrictions in phone number that prevents me to send sms?
    Please try to send a SMS again and when the error occurs, send me the logfile (PhoneCtlLog.txt). Then I can tell you more
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by zorro
      Please try to send a SMS again and when the error occurs, send me the logfile (PhoneCtlLog.txt). Then I can tell you more
      I attached log and my configfile.
      Log shows first making a call and then sending sms.

      I noticed that I can call and answer calls but the hangup button dont work and i dont see caller info and cant see battery status and cant send sms and when i get sms it does not show.

      I would really love to use this awesome program, I have SonyEricsson P800 (Symbian UIQ) and really dont want to change it so please help.

      I first tried with bluetooth and it did'nt work and then cable and same happened and finally with infrared connection i got it to communicate.
      Attached Files
      Nobody liked my monkey :(

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JanneZ
        I attached log and my configfile.
        Log shows first making a call and then sending sms.

        I noticed that I can call and answer calls but the hangup button dont work and i dont see caller info and cant see battery status and cant send sms and when i get sms it does not show.

        I would really love to use this awesome program, I have SonyEricsson P800 (Symbian UIQ) and really dont want to change it so please help.

        I first tried with bluetooth and it did'nt work and then cable and same happened and finally with infrared connection i got it to communicate.
        Ok.
        1. Your phone, for what reason so ever, can't handle any SMS AT-Command. I didn't see such before but in some ways it make sense. A Dial-Up usually does not need any SMS functions.
        2. The battery info won't show up until the battery level is sunk below 60%. Your battery level is shown as 64%.
        3. For the missing caller info I'd need a logfile where you make and receive a call.
        4. For the hang up problem try to set this one in your config file within the Communication settings:
        <Hangup>*EVH</Hangup>
        5. You also might set the <UseCPAS>True</UseCPAS> and set the <UseCLCC>False to prevent errors.

        I will do a bit research on the SMS problem and tell you when I've found something.
        Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

        Comment


        • #5
          Sony Ericsson T616

          MAGIC!!! That's what this program is. Set up my BT drivers with a COM port as COM4, edited your XML config file, fired up Phone Control, and everything was magically there and appears to work. UNBELIEVABLE SOFTWARE!!!!
          Can't wait to get this all installed in the car . Thanks again Zorro!

          Comment


          • #6
            You're welcome
            Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zorro
              Ok.
              1. Your phone, for what reason so ever, can't handle any SMS AT-Command. I didn't see such before but in some ways it make sense. A Dial-Up usually does not need any SMS functions.
              2. The battery info won't show up until the battery level is sunk below 60%. Your battery level is shown as 64%.
              3. For the missing caller info I'd need a logfile where you make and receive a call.
              4. For the hang up problem try to set this one in your config file within the Communication settings:
              <Hangup>*EVH</Hangup>
              5. You also might set the <UseCPAS>True</UseCPAS> and set the <UseCLCC>False to prevent errors.

              I will do a bit research on the SMS problem and tell you when I've found something.
              OK, here is new log and config attachedfor caller id prob.
              I first made a call to my friend and the hangup (wich works now) and then my friend calls me and i hang up and then my firend calls again and i answer and finally i try to send an sms message.

              Thanks for trying to solve these problems with me..
              Cheers
              Attached Files
              Nobody liked my monkey :(

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JanneZ
                OK, here is new log and config attachedfor caller id prob.
                I first made a call to my friend and the hangup (wich works now) and then my friend calls me and i hang up and then my firend calls again and i answer and finally i try to send an sms message.

                Thanks for trying to solve these problems with me..
                Cheers
                I've found the AT-Command list specifically for the P800/P900 and it reflects the behaviour I can see in the log.
                As I told you already, SMS commands aren't supported at all (but now it's official).

                So there is nothing I can do on this issue. Hopefully, SE will release a new firmware some day, which is able to cover the SMS and stuff.
                You may call the SE support hotline and ask for such upgrade. Maybe they already have it.

                Tell me, were you able to read the phonebook or did you modify it manually?
                Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by zorro
                  I've found the AT-Command list specifically for the P800/P900 and it reflects the behaviour I can see in the log.
                  As I told you already, SMS commands aren't supported at all (but now it's official).

                  So there is nothing I can do on this issue. Hopefully, SE will release a new firmware some day, which is able to cover the SMS and stuff.
                  You may call the SE support hotline and ask for such upgrade. Maybe they already have it.

                  Tell me, were you able to read the phonebook or did you modify it manually?
                  OK, thats for the SMS then but what about that caller id problem?
                  And there was still some errors from +CNMI? at errorlog, whats it for?
                  Nobody liked my monkey :(

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JanneZ
                    OK, thats for the SMS then but what about that caller id problem?
                    And there was still some errors from +CNMI? at errorlog, whats it for?
                    Is the callers number in your phonebook the same as shown in the log (with the leading 0)?

                    The +CNMI is a notification request for incoming SMS...
                    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [QUOTE=zorro]Is the callers number in your phonebook the same as shown in the log (with the leading 0)?
                      [QUOTE]

                      Phone numer is 040766xxxx +358 is area code for finland so it is +35840766xxxx. In the phone book its like this..

                      <PhoneBookEntry>
                      <Name>Timxxxxxxxxx</Name>
                      <Number>+35840766xxxx</Number>
                      <Type>
                      </Type>
                      </PhoneBookEntry>

                      Doesn't PhoneControl show number whos calling if its not in phonebook..
                      I get no kind of reply when i receive a call, just the green and red phone buttons came available, no kind of box or something...

                      Btw.. SM setting did read the sim cards phone book to program... ME did not work.
                      Nobody liked my monkey :(

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JanneZ
                        ...
                        Phone numer is 040766xxxx +358 is area code for finland so it is +35840766xxxx. In the phone book its like this..

                        <PhoneBookEntry>
                        <Name>Timxxxxxxxxx</Name>
                        <Number>+35840766xxxx</Number>
                        <Type>
                        </Type>
                        </PhoneBookEntry>

                        Doesn't PhoneControl show number whos calling if its not in phonebook..
                        I get no kind of reply when i receive a call, just the green and red phone buttons came available, no kind of box or something...
                        Looks good.
                        What I'm missing in your sample is the type info for the phone number. If it's really not set, this might have cause the problems. Can you please set the type to /M or /H and try it again?
                        Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by zorro
                          Looks good.
                          What I'm missing in your sample is the type info for the phone number. If it's really not set, this might have cause the problems. Can you please set the type to /M or /H and try it again?
                          OK, finally made todays test run....
                          I edited the phonebook so there was /M and checked phone numbers both
                          with +358 and without and nothing changed...
                          Theres again attachments where i receive a call from my girlfriend...

                          So where is the problem then, beats me..

                          I can handle that sms thing but if i cant have the caller id
                          Attached Files
                          Nobody liked my monkey :(

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JanneZ
                            OK, finally made todays test run....
                            I edited the phonebook so there was /M and checked phone numbers both
                            with +358 and without and nothing changed...
                            Theres again attachments where i receive a call from my girlfriend...

                            So where is the problem then, beats me..

                            I can handle that sms thing but if i cant have the caller id
                            I suppose, it's the xxxx at the end of the number .... no, Im kidding

                            I think, PhoCo somehow doesn't recognize the CLIP information for some reason. I'll have a look. I need your mail address for a test version. Can you mail it to me?
                            Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This thread is over i think, no more sms problem, because there is such thing for me
                              I mailed you Zorro latest log file and description.
                              Nobody liked my monkey :(

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X