Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring sound to headset

Hi there

I recently bought myself a USB bluetooth adapter, so I thought I'd give phonecontrol a try! Nice peice of software

Anyway, I'm in need of some assistance. I've done a search but can't seem to find anything relevant.

I want to be able to use my carpc speakers + mic as a headset - Now this works perfectly when making outgoing calls, however incoming calls - when answered using PhoCo use just the phone's internal mic and speaker!

I'm using widcomm v3, so I do also get the option in my tray to answer the call - if I "accept" the call using this it works fine.

I can also use the "Transfer Sound" option on my phone (T610) to transfer it to the PC, which also works. I'd just love it to do this automatically when I answer using PhoneControl

I read that you can change the command used to answer a call (which I believe is ATA). Now I was thinking that I might be able to tag a few more commands on to the end of there to transfer the sound to the PC. Looking at the AT command reference doc, I see there are commands like AT*EALR to change the audio path to a headset, which I can't seem to get to work.

am I just being stupid?
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Hi NM,

the good news is, you're not stupid

This behaviour is changed a bit with v3.
    So far I've figured that this has to do with the common Headset behaviour. On a Headset when a call comes in you press the button to accept or decline a call. If you accept it, the headset sends out a "AT+CKPD=200" - a extended key - to the phone and it'll transfer the sound to the Headset automatically.
    A problem is, that this command isn't accepted if it comes from the "Serial" connection - it has to be from the Headset connection.

The workaround I've found out yet is: Go to your "Local services" in your BT-Configuration and open the properties of your "My Headset" profile. Then go to the "Notification" tab and check the "Visual" notification.

Next time a call comes in, you'll get this Bubble tooltip called "Phone Monitor". If you tap / click it and you confirm the upcoming dialog with "Accept" the connection will be established and the audio is transfered to your phone automatically.

I'll take a deeper look into the spec. if I can find something more comfortable
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Yeah, I get the bubble on my home PC, but in the car I don't have explorer as the shell - so I don't get any sort of notification other than in phonecontrol.

As well as the transfer being requested from the headset, you can also transfer the sound to the headset from the phone itself (well you can with mine anyway). Is there no way to perform this command through the serial connection?

Comment

For now, there is only one trick how you can achive this. Use the key commands instead of the AT attach command. That means: Replace <Accept>A</...
        with <Accept>+CKPD="s:Jvv:Jv:J"</...
        This is the equivalent to the keys you have to press for accepting the call, enter the transfer menu and select the device (assuming your PC is on top of the list).

Comment

hey zorro,

Do you know if this would work with the new BT sprint phone [LG-325]
          This phone does not have the OBEX profile enable - will this be a problem to get it working with phonecontol?
          [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
          [iGmon]
          Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

1. No, the description above is SonyEricsson only
            2. PhoCo never used OBEX
            3. Sprint ... LG ...

Comment

what file name are you making these changes in?

Comment

PhoneCtl.Config.xml section <Communication id="...">

But I don't know whether the K700i behave the same. On the T610 transferring is done by accept the call (s), click the joystick (:J), move cursor down twice (vv), press joystick again (:J), move down (v), joystick (:J)... just for the record

Comment

Originally posted by zorro

1. No, the description above is SonyEricsson only
                  2. PhoCo never used OBEX
                  3. Sprint ... LG ...
                  sorry to confuse you. I thought this method can be done to any model BT phone
                  SO this is for the T610. Is the T608[BT sprint] almost the same phone

See I want to get a BT phone from sprint, my only 2 options are the Sony Ericsson T608 or the new LG 325 - But I dont want to get suck with a phone that wont work with phonecontrol cause My only use for a BT phone is too use it with phonecontrol

I guess ill gust have to pick one and see what happens
                  [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
                  [iGmon]
                  Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

Better T608 than LG...

Comment

Only just had a chance to test this! Apart from the obvious delay between answering and the phone automatically going through the options to transfer the sound it works great! Thanks zorro!

One other thing though, I'm using Winamp but PhoCo isn't muting my music! I have <MediaPlayer>Winamp</MediaPlayer> in my config. I am using mediacar so winamp is more or less invisible. Are you using API to control it?

Comment

Yes. Mediacar usually starts Winamp with option taskbar=2 (local winamp.ini) which means Winamp is minimized into the System Tray. With this, Winamp don't own a valid window handle were one could send messages to.
                        The solution to this is to set taskbar=1 (or better =0) so it can run in the background and is fully accessible.

Comment

Just saw this in the FAQ after I posted the question! I'll read next time

Thanks for all the help, it's working just as I want it to now

Comment

help to tranfer sound on my pc

Originally posted by zorro
                            For now, there is only one trick how you can achive this. Use the key commands instead of the AT attach command. That means: Replace <Accept>A</...
                            with <Accept>+CKPD="s:Jvv:Jv:J"</...
                            This is the equivalent to the keys you have to press for accepting the call, enter the transfer menu and select the device (assuming your PC is on top of the list).
                            hello zorro excuse but is a po stupid
                            Has the following problems:
                            1) I do not succeed to understand where I must go to modify the command <Accept>A</... in the rows phonectl.config.xml does not exist no line that recalls
                            2)when arrives or carries out one called with or without Little the mic do not work, in practical who calls does not feel my voice
                            3) on mine t610 what I must shape in the section outgoing call:
                            1) in handsfree
                            2)in phone 3)always ask
                            I have the driver of widcomm 3 and bt DBT120.
                            Thanks
                            In attached the configuration file of PoCo
                            Attached Files

Comment

This Config is messed up and incomplete.

You have to put the <Accept>... into your <Communication id="SonyEricsson"> section.

If you're not very comfortable in doing changes in XML files, please don't do it.
                              This change is a complete workaround and only for "experienced" SonyEricsson users.
                              At least please make a backup before you do anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X