at+cscs question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at+cscs question..

My mobile phone accepts the at+cscs command in the format without quotation marks: at+cscs=GSM and NOT at+cscs="GSM" (i get ERROR), but phonecontrol seems to add by default quotation marks! How can I fix this?

Many thanks, paperinics.

There is no fix for that yet.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Ok, thanks for your answer. A simple solution would be to send the command same as writed in the config xml file, so, for instance I can write GSM or "GSM".

Bye, paperinics.

Comment

Right... or because GSM is the default character set you can leave this one out

Comment

But... even if I leave the command out from the xml configuration file, I see in the log: COM: >AT+CSCS="8859-1";+CRC=1;+CLIP=1;+CNMI=2,1
          So it seems to send this by default!

Another question What does phonectrl expect to receive to display an incoming call? I see the RING alert in the log, the phone is receiving the call, but anything happens on phonectrl... Does it expects the extended ring notification? (with phone number, etc...)

Thanks again, Mauro.

Comment

You're right, it's default to 8859-1... but in this case the phone will ignore the setting and you'll still have the GSM character set.

To display (announce) the caller, PhoCo needs the CLIP information.
            You may send me the logfile so I can take a look into and see what's wrong.

Comment

Ok! just solved

All AT commands for clip and so on are sent at the same time with the cscs command... so if the phone answer error for at+cscs="8859-1" it will ignore also other commands in the same string!

I writed all commands in the init string and now all is ok

Thanks!

Comment

Makes me curious... what phone is this?

Comment

It's a Telit G83 phone... http://www.telit.net

It has almost the same data on board protocol of the GSM module of the same company http://www.gm862.com (you can download complete specs. in .pdf)

paperinics

Comment

Nice to see that Telit "beefed up" their models since my last visit.

I'll take care of this special behaviour in the coming release.
                    Tell me how the rest of PhoCo is working on those phones.

Comment

A view into my source told me if you set <UseCharset>*</UseCharset> PhoCo won't try to the the character set at the startup sequence

I knew I'm good but I didn't knew I'm that foresighted

Comment

Wonderful ) It works perfect, not sending the UseCharset command!

- I tested sending/receiving calls and it's ok (only modified hangup command to ATH and sent AT+FCLASS=8 for voice service...)
                        - Sending SMS almost ok: sometimes I get error/timeout, retry and waiting about 30 sec. it sends the sms, but it returns to stby screen... no notification about succesfully sent (it really arrives to the other phone!)
                        - Phonebook, LDN, received calls, read ok!
                        - Receiving SMS not ok: I receive the sms on the phone, but nothing happens on phonectrl (no notification, way to read the received sms). In the log the phone notify the sms, Phonectrl get it in pdu mode, but... nothing more!?

Solving also this issue means that it will definitely works )

here is that part of the log:

07/01/2005 23.42.45 MediaPlayer: WMPLAYER
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        07/01/2005 23.42.45 Version: 1.3.1768.16999
                        07/01/2005 23.42.45 KeyMap not set!
                        07/01/2005 23.42.45 Opening COM1
                        07/01/2005 23.42.45 COM: >ATE1
                        07/01/2005 23.42.45 COM: <ATE1

OK

07/01/2005 23.42.46 COM: >AT+CRC=1;+CLIP=1;+CNMI=2,1
                        07/01/2005 23.42.46 COM: <=1;+CNMI=2,1

OK

07/01/2005 23.42.46 COM: >AT+FCLASS=8
                        07/01/2005 23.42.47 COM: <AT+FCLASS=8

OK

*** [CUT] ***

07/01/2005 23.44.56 COM: >AT+CPAS
                        07/01/2005 23.44.56 COM: <AT+CPAS

+CPAS: 0

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.16 COM: >AT+CSQ;+CBC
                        07/01/2005 23.45.16 COM: <AT+CSQ;+CBC

+CSQ: 18,7

+CBC: 0,75

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.16 COM: <AT+CSQ;+CBC

+CSQ: 18,7

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.16 COM: >AT+CPAS
                        07/01/2005 23.45.16 COM: <AT+CPAS

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.36 COM: <
                        +CMTI: "SM",
                        +CMTI: "SM",1

07/01/2005 23.45.36 COM: >AT+CPMS="SM"
                        +CPMS: 1,60,1,60,1,60

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.36 COM: >AT+CMGF=0
                        07/01/2005 23.45.37 COM: <AT+CMGF=0

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.37 COM: >AT+CMGR=1
                        07/01/2005 23.45.37 COM: <AT+CMGR=1

+CMGR: 0,32
                        0791932350591900040C919323096569020012501070324412 4005D4F29C1E02
                        OK

07/01/2005 23.45.57 COM: >AT+CSQ;+CBC
                        07/01/2005 23.45.57 COM: <AT+CSQ;+CBC

+CSQ: 10,7

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.57 COM: <AT+CSQ;+CBC

+CSQ: 10,7

OK

07/01/2005 23.45.58 COM: >AT+CPAS
                        07/01/2005 23.45.58 COM: <AT+CPAS

OK

07/01/2005 23.46.18 COM: >AT+CSQ;+CBC
                        07/01/2005 23.46.18 COM: <AT+CSQ;+CBC

+CSQ: 12,7

OK

07/01/2005 23.46.18 COM: <AT+CSQ;+CBC

+CSQ: 12,7

OK

07/01/2005 23.46.18 COM: >AT+CPAS
                        07/01/2005 23.46.18 COM: <AT+CPAS

OK

Comment

Originally posted by paperinics
                          - I tested sending/receiving calls and it's ok (only modified hangup command to ATH and sent AT+FCLASS=8 for voice service...)
                          - Sending SMS almost ok: sometimes I get error/timeout, retry and waiting about 30 sec. it sends the sms, but it returns to stby screen... no notification about succesfully sent (it really arrives to the other phone!)
                          - Phonebook, LDN, received calls, read ok!
                          - Receiving SMS not ok: I receive the sms on the phone, but nothing happens on phonectrl (no notification, way to read the received sms). In the log the phone notify the sms, Phonectrl get it in pdu mode, but... nothing more!?
                          - Are you sure about the +FCLASS command? Cause this are FAX commands.

- Sending SMS is OK when you get no response. You only get an response when an error occurs.

- There is a newer release (http://phoco.net/tmp/Release1.4beta.zip), which I'm sure it does handle SMS receipt correct (I know one particular version of PhoCo had some strange problem with that).

Comment

at+fclass=8 set it to voice mode... it's not essential, but I did it to be sure... 0 or 1 are for data and fax.

I tested this beta version, but... I can't get any incoming sms notification! The rest is ok, same as the previous version.

paperinics

Comment

Yeah, got it... the phones response is wrong (compared to the spec.). It is:
                              Code:
                              0791932350591900040C91932309656902001250107032...
                              OK
                              but it's supposed to be:
                              Code:
                              0791932350591900040C91932309656902001250107032...

OK
                              There is missing a <CR><LF> preceeding the "OK" (the correct sequence is <CR><LF>OK<CR><LF>), so PhoCo doesn't recognize this as a valid readout. Since there are a few phones doing such mistakes, the next release will take care for that (there'll be a configurable OK sequence).

Comment

Working...
                              X