Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a USB/serial connected phone use car pc as headset?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a USB/serial connected phone use car pc as headset?

I can't see anything saying either way by searching (although I do suck at that). I have an array microphone I could use and the PC will be hooked to the car speakers (obviously). Is it possible without a BT phone? Given that BT will automatically answer (something I definitely don't want), getting a BT phone isn't really a solution (even ignoring the cost!).

Thanks.
    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

No way.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

I'm remembering that it used to be possible to use PC modems to get the phone line audio to send to speech recognizers. I've search but it looks like they need a physical connection to your sound card to do this - but I don't ever remember seeing such a physical connection when I was a teenager playing with modems and the like.

So let me ask a different question - how do integrated hands-free car phone systems work? Are there dedicated audio & control lines on the connector that plugs into the phone? Is it possible to fashion a cable that would separate those out?
      Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
      Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
      Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

I think, you'd better put this question into a mobile phone forum that covers your phone as well.
        Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

that is a good question. I was wondering if i could do it with my v300, but that would def be too much work for zorro. I think that would be completly phone specific and probably not a generic protocol for each usb - phone interface. I broke down and get a v600 just so i could do use it as a headset
          PC Components:
          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
          My work log

Comment

Working...
          X