X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoneControl.NET 1.4 Released!

Folks,

it's released now!

To give you a little stimulation, I've opened a promo action for the first 50 licenses.
    If you order at share-it!, please enter the cupon code "KickOff-1715" and you'll get 20% off.
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Hmmm...can't read from phonebook or call logs from the SE T608 over BT. I bet you are just loving this phone right now

Comment

Could you be a bit more specific?

Comment

don't work with samsung sgh-d500!

Comment

Who told you it would?

Comment

hope you put the money from my purchase to good use
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Yap... already bought me a pint

Comment

well done. Just what I was thinking when I posted
                Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by zorro
                  Could you be a bit more specific?
                  Here's an excerpt from my log.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  3/10/2005 10:09:13 AM No phonebook entries reported!

When I click on refresh, it just flashes the "reading from phonebook" message for less than a second and disappears. It can't read the call logs either.

Comment

Nothing changed with reading phonebook since you got the new version from me. Did you setup your config right?

Comment

Originally posted by zorro
                      Nothing changed with reading phonebook since you got the new version from me. Did you setup your config right?
                      Yea, I checked the settings. I actually tried just copying the config file that we worked on into the new install directory and it still didn't work. I'll look at it again tonight.

Comment

I keep getting {--ResString not found--} when I click the Test on the Phone Test app with the recommended port. However I am able to connect to the phone with my P900 suite apps.

Using the latest Widcomm 4.
                        P900 phone.
                        Local Services has port 8
                        Client Apps has port 9

I setup PC to use port 9 and

1. It initializes the phone (it lights up)
                        2. Then says resetting phone
                        3. Then seems to hang for a while at initializing basic phone parameter
                        4. Then starts back at 1 again and goes into a loop of 1 and 2

Any ideas?

Lines in the log keep looping this...

3/10/2005 11:54:33 AM Opening COM9
                        3/10/2005 11:54:35 AM COM-Event "CD" received
                        3/10/2005 11:54:35 AM COM-Event "CD" received
                        3/10/2005 11:54:38 AM **** TIMEOUT ****

Comment

You can't use The Serial Port Profile on Symbian OS phones.
                          You have to install mRouter, then PhoneTest will make the right recommendations. In fact, you have to use the Dial-Up Network Profile.

<edit>
                          The message you're not seeing yet is "No Response from port!"
                          Get the corrected version here: http://phoco.net/PhoneTest.zip
                          </edit>

Comment

Ahh so we still use the Dial-up Network Profile... after reading this link http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...aspx?PostID=78 I was under the assumption that we no longer needed to use it.

Comment

No... this is now complicated as hell Tried to make it simple though.

The standard functions are read out via the Dial-up. Only the phonebook and later the SMS will be done over mRouter (otherwise I had to implement the other stuff as well, which is kinda redundant).
                              This was the easy part.
                              Know, you have to configure the - what you called "Client Apps Port" - too, because this one is needed to trigger the mRouter connection, if it isn't connected.
                              In this case you (respective PhoCo) connects through the SPP, the phone rejects it and connects back through your "Local Services" SPP...

Wierd... but it works

Comment

Working...
                              X