Display Phonebook by Last Name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Phonebook by Last Name?

I've uploaded my phone book successfully, but all the listings are sorted by first name and I'd like to have it listed by last name. I've searched posts here and on your site, but no luck. Any advice?

GRod
    Carputer/AV System ~95% complete
    Parts all acquired - testing underway
    Fabrication and integration underway
    More on my Ride

I assume you are talking about phonecontrol.net

Most phones have only one data field for name. Therefore unless you re-enter your phone book with Surname,Firstname .... then no.

Comment

Crap I'm not looking forward to re-entering all the names - maybe I'll try re-exporting into Excel and work with them there.

Yes, I am referring to PhoneControl - it's a great program - luv it
      Carputer/AV System ~95% complete
      Parts all acquired - testing underway
      Fabrication and integration underway
      More on my Ride

Comment

Unless you are pretty good at SQL, exporting them into Excel won't help. You'll still only have one field.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew230
          Unless you are pretty good at SQL, exporting them into Excel won't help. You'll still only have one field.

Can be done by using this formula in Excel

=CONCATENATE(RIGHT(A4;LENGHT(A4)-LOCATE(" ";A4;1));", ";LEFT(A4;LOCATE(" ";A4;1)))

Not sure about the function names, because my excel is localized, but they should be easy enough to correct if wrong.

If you have "First Last" on A4, the formula will give you "Last, First"
          Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
          Status -->
          Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
          BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Working...
          X