Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP W/ PhoCO and Mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP W/ PhoCO and Mic

    I been using phonecontrol in my car and I've tried searching for this but havent been able to find any good information everyone is saying to use the Logitech mic which i have not tried, but i have tried a labtech, and 3 other companies, my problem is that everytime i'm in the car talkin to someone on the phone, they can hear themselves talkin, there is an echo that can be heard. Also they are compaining that my volume is too low, but my mic is set on max. I wanted to know if therei s a certain type of mic i can use that will get rid of this problem where the people i talk to wont be able to hear them selfs back. and also a mic that is better at picking up me talking thanks and sorry if this topic was already mentioned i couldnt find the exact answer to what i wanted.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Desisolja2
    I been using phonecontrol in my car and I've tried searching for this but havent been able to find any good information everyone is saying to use the Logitech mic which i have not tried, but i have tried a labtech, and 3 other companies, my problem is that everytime i'm in the car talkin to someone on the phone, they can hear themselves talkin, there is an echo that can be heard. Also they are compaining that my volume is too low, but my mic is set on max. I wanted to know if therei s a certain type of mic i can use that will get rid of this problem where the people i talk to wont be able to hear them selfs back. and also a mic that is better at picking up me talking thanks and sorry if this topic was already mentioned i couldnt find the exact answer to what i wanted.
    The echo could be caused by the feedback from the speakers in your car. A good noise cancelling mic might help. I have a T637 and when I use it with my bluetooth headset (HBH600) I have the same echo problem as you described (the person on the other end talking could hear an echo of themself). After searching www.horwardforums.com for answers, I found that this might be a problem with my phone. The echo varies depending on which area of the City I use my phone and headset. If the echo is really bad, I just stop using the headset.

    Comment


    • #3
      what did u do to solve the problem? i have the same echo issue...

      Comment


      • #4
        OK i changed my answer... I have the same issue now, I have the logitech mic so that does not help.
        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

        Comment


        • #5
          Looked into this further seems its a known challange in the area of headsets and car kits. What we need is Echo cancellation, and noise reduction microphones.

          The new bluetooth headsets have this technology built in and some car kits. I searched about 15 pages in Google with "Echo cancellation, and noise reduction microphones".

          I saw a lot of table top boxes and car kits, bluetooth headsets but no stand alone mics.

          If anyone finds one please post.
          2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
          2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
          Sound Stage
          Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

          Comment


          • #6
            Up! Anyone find a solution?
            Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

            Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

            First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

            Comment


            • #7
              The reason for the echo is because the caller's voice is coming through our car speakers which in trun the mic is picking up as well.. Obviously.. If we turn the volume down on our carputers then they won't hear as much of an echo but then we can't hear them that good.. Hmm... We need one of those mic's!!!
              Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

              Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

              First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, I'm interested in this as well. Got all excited after I installed my mic, but it echos too...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Same here.
                  Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

                  Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

                  First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Nokia Mic that comes with all the nokia Hf kits has Echo cancelling. They work superbly.

                    Sure you can pick them up seperatly off ebay or the likes.

                    The part number is Nokia HFM-8

                    You'll probably have to splice it into your mic cable. As the nokia cable has a 1.5 mm jack plug. Where as yours morst probably has the 3.5mm jack.

                    Hope this helps.
                    Another quality post from Dyl.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fleabay only has one's from UK. I'm trying to find one and just will post this because it made me laugh..

                      http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....-8&sbadd=HFM-8

                      Has it for $10.95. From their site "Shipping Weight: 0.18lb".. Shipping cost you ask?? $8.00!!!!
                      Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

                      Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

                      First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dylan Jones
                        The Nokia Mic that comes with all the nokia Hf kits has Echo cancelling. They work superbly.

                        Sure you can pick them up seperatly off ebay or the likes.

                        The part number is Nokia HFM-8

                        You'll probably have to splice it into your mic cable. As the nokia cable has a 1.5 mm jack plug. Where as yours morst probably has the 3.5mm jack.

                        Hope this helps.
                        Dont we have to be certain it uses the same voltages too.
                        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dylan Jones
                          The Nokia Mic that comes with all the nokia Hf kits has Echo cancelling. They work superbly.

                          Sure you can pick them up seperatly off ebay or the likes.

                          The part number is Nokia HFM-8

                          You'll probably have to splice it into your mic cable. As the nokia cable has a 1.5 mm jack plug. Where as yours morst probably has the 3.5mm jack.

                          Hope this helps.
                          Are you sure? It just looks to me like the mic has a peice of plastic over it making it directional....

                          Dan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Description:

                            "Additional Information The microphone plugs into the bottom of your car kit - the connector locks into place to prevent being accidentally pulled out. To lock, insert the plug socket into the MIC socket of the car kit and twist 90°. The microphone can be placed around the car for convenience of use.

                            Discreet and effective directional microphone. Struggling to be heard whilst communicating in your car? Invest in a Nokia microphone.

                            Small and effective directional microphone."
                            I would think since it's made for in car use that it would have the echo cancelling feature but who knows...
                            Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

                            Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

                            First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tbird2340
                              Description:



                              I would think since it's made for in car use that it would have the echo cancelling feature but who knows...
                              But there's no power...so it can't be active...

                              Dan

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X