Eratic operation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eratic operation

Hi, I installed the eval version Phoco for use with my N6230 and have been playing with it for nearly a month. It gave me very little functionality but occasionally seemed to spring into life. I changed the drivers from blue soleil to Widcom and that didn't seem top make much difference. So I got myself a T68 and re-installed everthing. It all seemed to work a little better but still very unpredictable and inconsistent. Sometimes I got audio in one direction but not in the other. Then (while I was watching the FA cup!) with my laptop and a couple of beers I switched on my N6230 instead and everything worked properly - text, audio, phonebook. No idea what I did but can't get to work now. I would love to get this working but something is not quite right. i've searched the forums and read everthing but still no luck. Does any one have a fully working Phoco setup?
    Thanks in advance.

P.S. I guess the audio delay (~500mS) is an inherent part of using the PC sound?

You know, that happens to me quite often. After a couple of beers everything seems to turn into a "Happy" mode and the world seems bright and smooth

For the audio: This is a common driver problem. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next release of Broadcom's drivers.

The other thing is, you have to get your 6230 upgraded to the latest firmware version (> 5.24) and you'll see that almost all problems are gone.

Or .... you may decide to stay with the beer
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Hey thanks Zorro, I should really go through the whole process again and make detailed notes,then I might be able to give you something substancial to work on!. I have the latest firmware on my phone so it must be something else - perhaps my bluetooth adapter. I'm not gonna give up yet - though my evaluation period has expired so I'll have to buy or re-install

What's your particular poison? - mines a pint (or 3) of Theakstons......

Comment

One thing that might be helpful is to competely uninstall your BT drivers, reboot and reinstall them (as chilly is recommendig it).

Mines at least 3 pint of Weissbier... but from the fifth on, I don't really care anymore

Comment

I'm seeing very little functionality from my Nokia 6820. Is there anything I can do, like update firmware etc? Or is it just a crappy phone!!

Sorry to bother you but it's a little anoying if my phones not up to scratch...
          FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
          EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
          8" touchscreen
          D-Link USB Radio
          USB GPS Mouse
          Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
          Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

What is very little? What functions are you missing?

Comment

I get to dial the phone and that's it.
              FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
              8" touchscreen
              D-Link USB Radio
              USB GPS Mouse

Comment

That is very little. Send me your logfile please.

Comment

Here is my logfile, I think!!

Hope you can help...
                  Attached Files
                  FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
                  8" touchscreen
                  D-Link USB Radio
                  USB GPS Mouse

Comment

You could of course try the 'More beer solution' Worked for me (I think!)

Hey Zorro is the Weissbier any thing like Hoegaarden? If you drink 3 or more pints of that I bet your phone can get you a direct line to the White House!

Comment

Weissbier is one of a kind... if you drink enough of it, you think you're calling E.T.

Phooone hooome ...

Comment

Working...
                      X