SprintPCS / Samsung Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SprintPCS / Samsung Support

Has anyone be able to get a SprintPCS Samsung phone to do anything? Even if all I can do is call/answer without a phonebook, it's better than nothing. Unfortunatly, I haven't even been able to get that to work (even after searching and following any instructions I can find).

If you have this working, please post your config.

My phone is a MM-700 (aka SCH-A700), but it should work the same as a VGA1000/A620 which I know people have made some progress with. I have a USB cable that give me internet in the car, but no PhoneCo as of yet.

^ bump

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
      Has anyone be able to get a SprintPCS Samsung phone to do anything? Even if all I can do is call/answer without a phonebook, it's better than nothing. Unfortunatly, I haven't even been able to get that to work (even after searching and following any instructions I can find).

If you have this working, please post your config.

My phone is a MM-700 (aka SCH-A700), but it should work the same as a VGA1000/A620 which I know people have made some progress with. I have a USB cable that give me internet in the car, but no PhoneCo as of yet.
      Some threads you might be interesed in reading:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=phone
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...299#post597299
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...one#post339209

I wouldn't bother Zorro with a CDMA phone. He's adamantly refuses to support them. I have been able to get a phone book into Phone Control and use it with my Aircard. So essentially I have phonebook and manual dial. I use the Sprint software for everything else. I also have a Samsung A500 that works the same way using theSnapSync USB cable. Unfortunately after I modded the cable for recharge over USB it became unreliable (loose fit) so I bought the aircard off EBay for $20.

Good Luck
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Interesting, but don't you have to pay per MB for air-card usage?

EDIT: After reading some of your links I see that you do. I'll stick with my phone + USB cable which is unlimited internet for $15/mo (which you have to pay for anyway if you want to be able to get pictures & videos off you phone).

Comment

Interesting, but don't you have to pay per MB for air-card usage?

EDIT: After reading some of your links I see that you do. I'll stick with my phone + USB cable which is unlimited internet for $15/mo (which you have to pay for anyway if you want to be able to get pictures & videos off you phone).
          Actually I don't. Everytime it shows up on my bill, I call them and get them to refund the charges cause the aircard is on my account as an "add a phone" under my family plan. And my family plan has unlimited everything.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

How much do you have to call them? Technically it works like this: Add a phone is $20. Add a phone with unlimited "vision" is $25. However, all PDA phones and aircards are subject to per MB charges and are not eligible for unlimited internet at all. Even if you use your unlimited vision phone with a USB cable like I do, they can technically terminate your service and/or start charging you per MB if you use too much bandwidth.

The people at Sprint will let you get away with anything if you call and complain though . I pay $60/mo for 3 lines with 1000 anytime, unlimited vision, free cell2cell, and free nights & weekends after 7p. I wish they had bluetooth phones though

Comment

How much do you have to call them? Technically it works like this: Add a phone is $20. Add a phone with unlimited "vision" is $25. However, all PDA phones and aircards are subject to per MB charges and are not eligible for unlimited internet at all. Even if you use your unlimited vision phone with a USB cable like I do, they can technically terminate your service and/or start charging you per MB if you use too much bandwidth.

The people at Sprint will let you get away with anything if you call and complain though . I pay $60/mo for 3 lines with 1000 anytime, unlimited vision, free cell2cell, and free nights & weekends after 7p. I wish they had bluetooth phones though
              How did you get that? I pay 70+20+20+5 for primary, 2 add-a-phone (all with unlimited PCS Vision) and 7PM nights. I want your plan!

I call them every 2 months cause they won't take a credit card over the phone till the bill is past due.

OBTW, I use bluetooth on all my phones, including the Aircard. Do like I did get one with a bluetooth dongle for non-bluetooth phones. works great.

Tell me more about your plan.....

Comment

I think my plan is like $45 for 1000min (west coast only), +$20 for Vision, +$5 for unlimited cell-to-cell and night & weekends after 7PM, +$25 for each of the other 2 lines.

Then you get a referal # for $2 on e-bay each month, each line which takes off $60. I usually just leave it at that, but if you want you can also call #2 and tell the computer "credit for dropped call" for a $0.50 credit. You can do that 20 times a line for an additional $30 off.

Total: $120+$6-$90 = $36/mo for 3 lines with unlimited internet, 1000 shared, free cell-2-cell, and free N&W after 7pm.

What do you mean "a bluetooth dongle for non-bluetooth phones"? Are you saying there is something I can plug in to my SamSung phone to make it BT? Link please.

Comment

I have a Jabra 200 for non-bluetooth phones, a separate USB Dongle for the carputer and two bluetooth-ready phones. The Jabra headset can talk to all 4 (have to re-pair between phones, but that ony takes a minute). So depending if its my aircard or a non bluetooth phone, I carry the dongle. When I have the PPC-6600, computer, or LG-325, I leave the dongle at home.

On some long trips I've forwarded all my phones to the Aircard and leave everything else at home (that way I don't have tho worry about chargers and the like and it announces voicemail and tracks missed calls for me and never needs charging.)

I remember two years ago, I had the aircard tied into FRS radio and was diagnosing a computer glitch for a customer from turn 3 grandstand at Indy 500 with the car 3/4 mile away. She kept asking me about all the noise, but I got her fixed-up in less than half hour.

Check out the bottom of this froogle link for the Jabra 200, lots of other suppliers have the non-bluetooth systems, too. Since I have a relationship with Jabra I get mine from them.

Comment

Sprint just came out with the PPC6700 right now its only available for business. Here is the link http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp
                    I plna on getting this phone and see how I can integrate this with the car computer. So has anyone had much luck with Sprint PC phones or other CDMA phones?

Comment

Pirate kingo, have you had any luck in getting the 6700 working with phonecontrol?
                      Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

*sigh*

I just purchased the SPH-A920

I was hoping there would be a way to get it to work with my CarPC, but I'm guessing that's a no go....

Are there any other options out there for this kind of thing other than phone control?
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I guess I'm in the same boat. I have an A900 (Blade, ) and I think we're outta luck...
                          Tidder

Try RevFE
                          The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

[Wisper]Old Thread, noobs[/wisper]

The problem with your guys phones is that their CDMA. Unlike GSM phones which for the most part conform to ETSI TS 127 protocol for AT commands, which is well documented, CDMA phones have no specification at all and no documentation anywhere. This is because companies like Verizon don't want you to be able to access all the avaliable features on your phones.

You could write your own software, but it will take some work. OR you could use BitPim which is open source and probably can easily be customed for carpc use. I would do it but I don't own a CDMA phone so I don't have any incentive.

http://www.bitpim.org/
                            Installed
                            Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                            512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                            Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                            [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Yeah, I've looked at bitpim, but I want someone to do it for me.
                              Tidder

Try RevFE
                              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Working...
                              X