COM port/Bluetooth issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COM port/Bluetooth issues

Feel free to yell at me if this has been addressed, but i did spend some time search the forums and google , but didn't find an answer. I just installed the WIDCOMM drivers according to the directions in the forum. I also followed the instructions on the phonecontrol.net webpage that tells you to connect the serial port to a com port. It connected to COM8 and is "Connected". I next tried Phone Test with the Bluetooth com ports with no connection. Next, I tried to configure the phone, a Nokia 6230, in the Extended Configurator according to the settings on the website. I set the port to both COM7 and COM8, which are the two BT com ports. Still, no connection. It appears that when the phone connects through COM8, the icon in My Bluetooth says the com port is no longer connected. Does anyone have any suggestions (or point me to a post that addresses it if i overlooked it)?

<-awesome

Thanks!
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Hi there
    Just as a quick reply:

Be sure that your PC does connect to your phones COM1 and not the PCSUITE port.
    The easiest way is to use the Widcomm wizard for this. Otherwise the Widcomm Software will take the first Com Port available on your phone, which should be the PCSuite.

Not sure if this helps.

THX
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_666
      Hi there
      Just as a quick reply:

Be sure that your PC does connect to your phones COM1 and not the PCSUITE port.
      The easiest way is to use the Widcomm wizard for this. Otherwise the Widcomm Software will take the first Com Port available on your phone, which should be the PCSuite.

Not sure if this helps.

THX
      Chaos
      I just realized, its pointing COM1 to COM8, and COM1 is my serial port. COM7 is my other BT port. So maybe that's not the service i want active. Under my phone, i see COM 1 on Nokia phone, Dial-up networking, Nokia PC suite, OBEX file transfer, OBEX object push and voice gateway.

does this tell you anything? Also, if u need any more info, i'll be happy to track it down. Thanks!
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Hi there
        So if i understand right, your COM8(on your PC) is connected to COM 1 (on your mobile), which is basically right.
        Could you try to connect com8 and test via phonetest if the connection works?

THX
        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_666
          Hi there
          So if i understand right, your COM8(on your PC) is connected to COM 1 (on your mobile), which is basically right.
          Could you try to connect com8 and test via phonetest if the connection works?

THX
          Chaos
          Yes, i did this. Seems that this part is working, but now i'm getting the dreaded IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen of death error. I reviewed the thread regarding this, but still no luck... Thanks though

Comment

Working...
          X