Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phone Control connects .... and disconnects!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Control connects .... and disconnects!

Hi all,

My PhoCo connects fine to my Ericsson Z600. However, when I, for instance, manually dial a number and tell it to connect, it picks up and starts dialling... and then the phone immediately hangs up! PhoCo doesn't realise it, though, and keeps thinking it's still dialling. What could be the reason for this? I've tried WIDCOMM .700 drivers, and .1500, and both do it... help

-pN
    Doko ni datte, hito wa tsunagatte iru...

My BMW 335xi install
    My Subaru Impreza install (now retired...)
    Realtime audio freestyle hiphop battles online - www.letsbeef.com!

Bump for an unsolved mystery... any help, anyone?...

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Hi there

IMHO could be the phone. Maybe you have a possibility to update the firmware anywhere or try any other Sony Ericsson on your PC?

THX
      Chaos

Comment

Heya,

Don't think it's the phone ... had it working at one point. Maybe the WIDCOMM drivers are hosed. Hm.

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Originally posted by Pseudo Nim
          Heya,

Don't think it's the phone ... had it working at one point. Maybe the WIDCOMM drivers are hosed. Hm.

-pN
          Did you try the new version of the Widcomm drivers mentioned here?

THX
          Chaos

Comment

I have tried the 4.0.1.1500, but the one in your last post, 4.0.1.2101? No I haven't. Downloading right now. Will post results later - thanks!

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Okay, I'm still having this problem. Here are my results. I've wiped all existence of WIDCOMM drivers from my system (including all registry references and \Windows\System32\ReinstallDrivers or whatever it was called).

- With 4.1.900 drivers, I can install my CSR Bluetooth dongle, and connect to the phone. I can browse the phone, download images from it, upload stuff to it, but as soon as I use PhoCo, it will hang up a call about one second after trying it (so if I dial, the phone's screen will say "Dialling..." and hang up immediately).

- With 4.1.1500 or 2100 drivers, I can install the software, I can detect the serial port, but then, when I go to My Bluetooth Places, it says "No local Bluetooth device detected" (bad patch?).

Since everything except dialling works with 4.1.900, could it be something in PhoCo rather than my phone/drivers/Windows?....

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

is occurring when you use it within a frontend, or using phoco by itself?
                Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Using PhoCo by itself.

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Since I'm not in the office, here's a quicky. Did you apply the settings as mentioned here:
                    http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...aspx?PostID=12

It says it for the Z1010 but should be working for the Z600 as well.
                    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

I put those entries in .... exactly the same thing happens.

Time to reinstall PhoCo and hope it solves things?

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Bump for an unsolved mystery again

Trial's expiring in a week or so, I really want to get it working to buy it.... this is one of the features I made my CarPC for, and yet it doesn't work, doh.

Anybody run into this at all?...

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Hi there

In my opinion this still sounds as a buggy phone.
                          Could you do the following?

click Start -> Run -> type: hypertrm ->
                          Now hypertrm might ask you something if it is running the first time if not step over this section.
                          Choose yes or no, it does not matter. Next thing it will ask is region number.

Next hypertrm asks you for a name of this connection, again type anything you like (does not matter) and press OK

Next you can choose the connection and here you select the COM-Port you use in Phoco. After pressing OK you can choose same detail of the connection.
                          Change your Bitrate to 19200 or 38400 and leave the rest as is and press OK.

You will finally see a white area with a blinking cursor in there. Now we can send some commands to our phone.

Type "at" (without ") in the Box and your phone should answer "OK"
                          If this is not working there is something wrong with our connection. Make sure your phone is connected.
                          Type "at+cgmi" and your phone should answer SONY ERICSSON or SE.
                          Type "atd0000" to dial 0000 of course you should change the number to something a functional number.
                          here you should wait some seconds, to see if your problem occurs.
                          Type "at+chup" to hang up.

If this whole procedure is working fine and your phone does not produce the error you mentioned in your first post, there might be something wrong with you phoco settings. If this procedure produces your error then your phone might be buggy.

Hope this small guide is somehow understandable, if not just ask.

THX
                          Chaos

Comment

Yep, perfectly understandable. I will get back to you as soon as I test it.

Cheers,

-pN

My BMW 335xi install

Comment

Working...
                            X