Help with motorola phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with motorola phone

Hey with the newest widcom drivers, with The Motorola RAZR V3 work as a headset with phonecontrol. Because IF i Connect my phone to the my computer via bluetooth and connect it through an audio gateway my pc acts as a headset. Just wondering if i can do the saem with phoco. I know on the compatability headset is not checked. Just wondering if the new widcom drivers changed anything.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Originally posted by Cheekz185
    Hey with the newest widcom drivers, with The Motorola RAZR V3 work as a headset with phonecontrol. Because IF i Connect my phone to the my computer via bluetooth and connect it through an audio gateway my pc acts as a headset. Just wondering if i can do the saem with phoco. I know on the compatability headset is not checked. Just wondering if the new widcom drivers changed anything.
    No it did not.

The limitation is in the implementation of the Bluetooth service ON MOTOROLA PHONES. Motorola phones do not allow more then a single BT connection at the same time. So, either you connect to PhoCo with BT, or with the headset (computer as headset in your case) with BT, NOT BOTH.

No amount of drivers will change that, it is a limitation of the Cell Phone itself.

You can use a wired ear/mic while using the BT to connect to PhoCo, or you can connect the Razr to the computer by USB cable, and then use the USB cable for PhoCo operations, and the BT for the headset profile.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
      No it did not.

The limitation is in the implementation of the Bluetooth service ON MOTOROLA PHONES. Motorola phones do not allow more then a single BT connection. So, either you connect to PhoCo with BT, or with the headset (computer as headset in your case) with BT, NOT BOTH.

No amount of drivers will change that, it is a limitation of the Cell Phone itself.

Michael
      Thanks, looks like i gotta get the new SE
      2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
      Via M10K
      512mb Ram
      60GB HDD
      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
        Thanks, looks like i gotta get the new SE
        I edited my post with a solution.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx

You can use a wired ear/mic while using the BT to connect to PhoCo, or you can connect the Razr to the computer by USB cable, and then use the USB cable for PhoCo operations, and the BT for the headset profile.

Michael
          OK well here is the problem, My RAZR does not have an input for an ear/mic. Only bluetooth connections.

-I thought you cant use PHOCO with USB? WOuld PHOCO know if i get an incoming call via USB
          2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
          Via M10K
          512mb Ram
          60GB HDD
          OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

I am using my Razr with the USB Cable and phone control uses the USB Modem to control the phone. Audio Gateway is enabled via blootooth. I can use Phone Control and my PC as Headset. I know it is a pain to have it hooked up to the cable and any time you get in your car you have to first make a connection to the PC but at least it is working.

Comment

does phonecontrol tell you when you receive an incoming call/text message?
              2002 Mitsubishi Galant

Carputer Specs:
              Via M10K
              512mb Ram
              60GB HDD
              OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

yeah... does it alert you with the number of the caller also?
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                  yeah... does it alert you with the number of the caller also?

Well, with my phone (V600) It notifies me of the incoming phone call, with the number and the name.

I have not been able to get the SMS incoming notification to work, but I suspect that is a matter of making the proper changes to the INI/XML file.

Sending SMS it works perfectly.

Michael

Comment

Michael do you know what triplets sw version you have?

basically you firmware version?
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                      Michael do you know what triplets sw version you have?

basically you firmware version?

My Flex is the GI9V6...0E9 Engineering Flex, and the Flash is the Triplets 4FR.

However, I do not believe changing the Flash or Flex will make any changes to how the phone works with PhoCo.

Michael

Comment

Yeah, I dont think the current flexes would do anything, but if mot were to release a better BT implementation I guess it *could* fix our issues but it is practically impossible to be heard.
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by MGD
                          I am using my Razr with the USB Cable and phone control uses the USB Modem to control the phone. Audio Gateway is enabled via blootooth. I can use Phone Control and my PC as Headset. I know it is a pain to have it hooked up to the cable and any time you get in your car you have to first make a connection to the PC but at least it is working.
                          Hi MGD,

I'm looking to do the same with my Razr, using the USB cable for Phoco and BT for the audio gateway. Do you mind sharing how you have your's setup. Are you using the widcom for audio gateway? Could you post your Phoco setup file? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MGD
                            Which drivers did you use to make this work? I just got the Razr today and I'm trying to set it up as a modem to use the Verizon data network VZW and it doesn't seem to work. I used some drivers I got here http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=79510 and although it charges and it connects to the phone it fails to connect. I get an error about username password.

Can you help and share your drivers with me?

Thanks

PROGRESS 95%[//////////]Complete - Software configurations
                            Current Task: Just adding on...
                            Needed:wireless keyboard/mouse
                            My Carputer Blog
                            Car System Site

Comment

PM would be better for this since I don't look in old threads, but here is your answer.
                              First find the WidCom Driver 4.0.1.2101 and install them. Do not plug USB Dongle in the USB port. At the warning message that no BT Device was found click Cancel and finish the install.
                              Next install the driver you found (P2k) agian do not plug the PHONE in the USB port.
                              Reboot and plug your BT Dongle in the USB Port. Windows will find new devices and will install the drivers for audio gateway, USB sound device and so on. Let it finish and reboot. Now go into your phone and set up the BT connection. MENU>>SETINGS>>CONNECTION>>BLUETOOTH LINK>>HANDSFREE>>LOOK FOR DEVICES. Now your phone will search for devices and will find your computer, click ok and you should here the sound of your phone through the speakers. Wow that was easy....
                              Next step.
                              Plug your phone into the USB Port, Windows will now detect new device found.
                              Point the driver install wizzard to the locaton of the P2k Driver and install them. Now go to Control Panel>>System>>Hardware>>Device Manager>>Modems and you will find Motorola USB Modem, click on Properties>>Modem and remember the Com Port.....Almost done.
                              Now run Phocontrol.NET Wizzard and select the com port from your Motorola USB Modem and click next. Select your phone Motorola from the menu and then Razr V3 as your phone. Then just finish the wizzard and Phoco will start. If you click on reload phone book, (the last botton on the left) you will see no entry in the phone book. Close Phoco and copy the attatched file int the Phoncontrol.net folder. Rename the old file to .bak. Now your Razr V3 is ready for some action.
                              Good Luck
                              Manny
                              Now you ready to go. All you need now is this file.
                              Rename this file to PhoneCtl.Config.xml as it is not allowed to attatch a .xml
                              file.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X