Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoneControl help - what it actually does

People
    please dont flame me for asking, but i have searched but might have used wrong keywords to find my answers.

I am looking at getting phonecontrol for my carPC setup. I have a usb bluetooth adapter and a sony k750i mobile phone.

What does the software actually do? I know it links phone to pc, but what does this enable me, the user, to do? I gather it mutes/lowers volume of music when phone rings/during a call, and the call can be heard through the car audio system, but what happens about microphone? Do I just use the mobile phone mic, or do i need to get a mic plugged into the pc?

Even if your replies/answers are just links to relevant threads, it would be great - i just cannot seem to find the answer. Have searched on phonco's website but didnt really help.

many thanks all.
    www.leoncupra.co.uk

I seriouslu doubt that you have searched at all...

But if you have: http://zoran-horvat.de/private/CarPC/english/start.htm
    My carputer

Old one

Comment

suprisingly I did search, and suprisingly i found that page too. However, it DIDNT answer my question.
      I asked if you had to have a microphone plugged into the pc, or if it used the mic on the mobile phone???
      www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

by this i assume it needs a pc mic, but it does not state this in the requirements of the manual.
        I dont want to have to buy a mic and run more cables for it - i didnt know if you could use the mic on the handset (phone) at all.
        www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

It uses a PC mic so run a cable for it.
          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

ok thanks - but maybe this should be added to the requirements list? As without it or a bluetooth headset you cant use it properly?
            Or am i getting the wrong idea?
            www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

You can use it in different ways. To use a mic You can then set a variables either, OnCall or OnStartup which can connect your headset at the start of a call or on the startup of the program. Or leave variables alltogethter and just pick up the phone as you would normally!

Comment

could you possibly explain a bit more?

Basically I want to get rid of the earpiece bluetooth headset as it is annoying, and i dont think its much good.

I was hoping to be able to use the carPC to purely amplify the speaker of the phone - so I can hear the caller/other person louder. The microphone inside my mobile is quite good and can pick my voice up from a fair distance, and so dont really see the need of installing another mic in the dash. However, if when linked to the pc via bluetooth this is not possible, then i will have to use pc microphone instead.
                Hope this makes sense.
                www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

ok - so what microphones do people recommend? All i can find is clip on mics that look a bit naff, or gooseneck mic's.
                  Need good quality into mic socket on mobo.
                  Cheers
                  www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

i also had a question about this function. so can you just leave your phone connected via bluetooth, and use your carpc's speaker and mic to serve as the headset?
                    AMD 1700 & Abit VA-10 w/ 512Mb PC3200 Corsair Ram
                    60GB 7200rpm HD - Opus 150W PS - Lilliput 7" TS
                    Panasonic Slot DVD - SD Audigy NX 2
                    Phoenix Gold 5.1 MT Amp - 2 USB Hubs
                    Hauppauge WinTv USB2 - Holux GPS - Belkin Bluetooth

Comment

that IS correct - the whole point of the software (AFAIK)
                      You need to have a compatible phone tho, which seems to be mainly SE's.
                      www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X