Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoneControl no more?? !!!

http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=3516

Link to the original thread, not the link to the link.
    http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...px?PostID=2783

And considering how much **** he's gone through with warez of his labor of love creeping around, I understand his decision.
    It's sad, because PhoCo is a great piece of software from what I understand.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      Link to the original thread, not the link to the link.
      http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...px?PostID=2783

And considering how much **** he's gone through with warez of his labor of love creeping around, I understand his decision.
      It's sad, because PhoCo is a great piece of software from what I understand.
      bar the link bit as its also to the convo based around it.

Terran
      My Project Site

Comment

thats bull****.. i JUST bought phoco cause of all the new stuff and now he's ceasing development. Its SO close to bein everything i need to.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
          thats bull****.. i JUST bought phoco cause of all the new stuff and now he's ceasing development. Its SO close to bein everything i need to.
          See his post in reply to mine.... hes not stopping - just Joe Bloggs wont be able to get any other version with out buying hardware...

Terran
          My Project Site

Comment

Hello,

what do you think:

schould I update to version 1.6? Where can I find informations about the new version?

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

I wonder what the situation is for those that have purchased, is he going to still support them?

sorry if it's in the link on his forum, can't be arsed to click over there.

Comment

Gutted, I am just about ready to buy a full Phoco license, there go my plans.

Comment

TBH - I think if people who actually use PC buy a licence that may restore his confidence... its the fact that people have been using a hacked version !

IT MUST BE PEOPLE WITHIN THE CARPC COMMUNITY ( Who else would want to use it ? )

Terran
                  My Project Site

Comment

yes true.. but product support and the abillity to use it the way you plan on using it permanently during the trial period would help to. Sucks when have a 30 day trial and it takes a week or more to get questions answered.
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

well this is a shame. i was waiting to get phoco working untill after i installed everything in my car. i have a razer V3 and i beleive that phoco works with the razer and road runner. I have no problem buying a lisence from him once i get everything up and running. but thats a month away.

I hope theres a way to still purchase by then.

if hes still going to sell it but only with hardware. what possible hardware are we talking? i wouldnt be opposed to buying it with a bluetooth dongle that works with the software.

oh well Ill keep my eye on this post to see what happens. Maybe the creator of phoco would like to chime in and tell us what the deal is.
                      MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
                      M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
                      7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
                      Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
                      Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by yrean
                        oh well Ill keep my eye on this post to see what happens. Maybe the creator of phoco would like to chime in and tell us what the deal is.
                        I'd post on his thred / forum via the link in the 2nd post here....

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by Gobby
                          Gutted, I am just about ready to buy a full Phoco license, there go my plans.

I'm less than 2 weeks into installing my brand new vx9800 and trying to get it to work... if it works, I was going to buy it, but I havent gotten it to work yet...
                          GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
                          Now with pictures!

Comment

So is this why I have not gotten an email with my license? I downloaded the trial, then after 2 days of seeing the potential (working fine with my T610 Sony phone), I bought I license via the link on his site. No email yet. He sounds like a nice guy that is getting screwed by people cracking his software... I mean come on people, it's $26!!! He says he has 850+ downloads a week, and less than 1% are buying licenses. I'm sure if I email him he will provide my key, but now I am worried about future support. Although, since I already had the BT adapter, if PhoCo works for 6 months I'd be happy... LOL

~Puff
                            ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

Working...
                            X