Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Control Failure App

Evening All,

I'm suffering from a lack of imagination at the moment....

I want to use Access Control to prevent the garage mechanics 'playing with the gadget' but don't intend on recording, gps tracking or SMS alerts, just denied access.

If I set the FailureApp to a shutdown script and the system shuts down, would the eventual ACPI pulse from ignition off restart the system? Or should I just set it to do nothing? What have fellow Access Control users done for a FailureApp? Your suggestion will be very helpful for me to create a plan.

Many thanks for your help E. I've already posted this on Digital-Car, so apologies to those that have seen this already, but I wanted to widen the demographic. Your feedback and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys,
    Dave
    Vauxhall Astra SXi Car PC installed.

And do people just put this in the startup folder or is there another, more secure application loading method?

Cheers,
    Dave

Comment

For mine, I have a windows service wrapper; that starts when windows starts; and in my frontend, I use COM, to ensure that my access control panel is "happy". (literally, I use "if NOT WACP.happy then WACP.connect()", in my frontend, haha

however, my access control is a bit different.. it connects to my phone, and verifies the bluetooth serial number, instead of inputting a password.

peace
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by conjur View Post
        For mine, I have a windows service wrapper; that starts when windows starts; and in my frontend, I use COM, to ensure that my access control panel is "happy". (literally, I use "if NOT WACP.happy then WACP.connect()", in my frontend, haha

however, my access control is a bit different.. it connects to my phone, and verifies the bluetooth serial number, instead of inputting a password.

peace
        Mike
        It sounds very customised. Probably a bit 'out of my league' but great stuff, I'm impressed!

Cheers,
        Dave

Comment

You gotta upload the source or a program for that it sounds ideal
          Mileage Calculator and logger in progress check it out :)
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...italcarsig.jpg

Comment

Well Davefocus is taking about AccessControl, which is in my sig, which does, keycode entry, fingerprint scanner, and USB Key authentication, will record audio or/and video and run apps on successful or unsuccesful code entry.

But conjr has given me an idea of another authentication possibility. hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
            X