Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GaroNav 1.0 beta 1 Released

Hi to everyone!

I released the first version of my Destinator frontend. It has some cool features that are missing in the other softwares, that's why I decided to code it.

Features:

* Full text search of streets, cities and pois;
    * On screen speedometers, compass, maneuvers indicator, buttons;
    * Completely skinnable (alpha blending and custom shapes support for all the controls);
    * Listing of standard & external POIs by distance
    * Auto day/night switching
    * Extra infos like average speed, travelled distance, etc
    * Integration with RoadRunner (Thanks Guino!)
    * Much more...

Remember to download .NET framework before running it.

Download the last version

Visit my website for further informations.

Please betatest... Comments and suggestions are welcome!

========RC1 RELEASED=========
    * LOTS of changes!
    * New, powerful alarm system for POIs (it can also handle speedcams!)
    * Automatic Import of TomTom ov2 POI files! Just copy them into \POI subdirectory.
    * Improves skin system, everything is much faster now!
    * New skins
    * Much more stability
    * New NMEA parsing system
    * Many bugfix and small changes.
    * Complete Installer!
    ==============================

GO ON THE WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS AND DOWNLOAD...
    Garo

Author Of:
    CarPC Installation on my Seat Toledo

yeah! First one to download
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Well done mate....

Terran
      My Project Site

Comment

Looks great, gona try it as soon as possible??
        Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
        Status -->
        Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
        BraveCar 2.5

Comment

First tests are great, love the way the app is so skinnable , specially the favs and the pois. I think great skins will show up shortly.

I like the way you implemented the compass and the speedometer.

I didn't find a way to add speed cameras. Do you implemented that? If you didn't are you planning to?

I know the first think you will want to do it's to iron out any bugs that might show up, but I canít resist to make one or two suggestions..

Because of a small app ( tks to Zorro ) that I have running and that takes the left side of my screen, every piece of software must have its origins on 60,0 instead of the more usual 0,0. As far as I could see, GaroNav allows to specify the size of the forms in the skin, but not the origins of the forms. Do you think that this would be possible or itís not in your plans?

One feature that I do kill for it's the Mapmonkey plug-in Daily Log. I spend all my work days between clients offices and the logs are invaluable to keep records of the times and places.

Tks
          Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
          Status -->
          BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
            First tests are great, love the way the app is so skinnable , specially the favs and the pois. I think great skins will show up shortly.

I like the way you implemented the compass and the speedometer.

I didn't find a way to add speed cameras. Do you implemented that? If you didn't are you planning to?

I know the first think you will want to do it's to iron out any bugs that might show up, but I canít resist to make one or two suggestions..

Because of a small app ( tks to Zorro ) that I have running and that takes the left side of my screen, every piece of software must have its origins on 60,0 instead of the more usual 0,0. As far as I could see, GaroNav allows to specify the size of the forms in the skin, but not the origins of the forms. Do you think that this would be possible or itís not in your plans?

One feature that I do kill for it's the Mapmonkey plug-in Daily Log. I spend all my work days between clients offices and the logs are invaluable to keep records of the times and places.

Tks

Don't worry... Regards to the cams, I will implement it, for sure. I want to implement something highly customizable like TomTom announcements for pois.
            For the skins, I didn't specify the origin since many programs (i.e. RR), embedding the forms, automatically move them to the right place. So, I didn't plan to do it. I can, however, add something that just moves all the forms to the right of 60 px, for example. My priority is obviously to fix all the bugs before

I will kill for daily logs too, so don't worry, it's one of the next features.

Sorry for the bad english but it's 3:28 am, and I'm drunk
            Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Inizia,te lo dicevo!
              Ed e' solo l' inizio....

PS: This message is only for Garo

Mauri

Comment

After this release you deserve to get drunk

tks
                Status -->
                BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Garo: forget that 60px thing. Since AppControl is set up to be always on top, I just adjusted GaroNav skin and moved the controls 60x to the right and it works fine.

Example:
                  Pic 1
                  Pic 2
                  Status -->
                  BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
                    Garo: forget that 60px thing. Since AppControl is set up to be always on top, I just adjusted GaroNav skin and moved the controls 60x to the right and it works fine.

Example:
                    Pic 1
                    Pic 2
                    Ok wonderful
                    Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Hi Garo!

thanks for your beautiful work!
                      First impression is positive, great interface, more legible.

How I can integrate in RR? Whit zoom button possible?

Thanks!
                      --------------------------------
                      ITALIANI: DISPONIBILI MODULI OEM GPS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...214#post639214
                      --------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by slimmegane
                        Hi Garo!

thanks for your beautiful work!
                        First impression is positive, great interface, more legible.

How I can integrate in RR? Whit zoom button possible?

Thanks!
                        Of course you can. read textfiles that come with the program. Zoom still is not implemented, however!
                        Garo

Author Of:

Comment

I really really like this piece of software... even though i have been sick and thatswhy havent had change to take it out and give it real testing yet, i can say for sure its going to replace my earlier GPS software...

Only thing i will be missing from that is plugin capability... and i hope Garo, that it is going to be in ur priorities.

Also hopefully somebody comes up with bit more centrafuzzy looks soon. Graphics look really nice as it is... but i wish more integrated look with frontend.

Comment

Wow, this looks very promising garo!!!

I am a huge FreeDrive fan, but some features seem to be lacking in FD at some moments, and this looks very promising...

When you do get around to introducing Speedcams, you might want to check this post I made earlier today... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...23&postcount=6

Also, I suggest you talk to guino and get stuff like direction indicators in RR supported if you havent already spoken to him about that...

I'm sure I will have more comments as I try this out...
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                              Wow, this looks very promising garo!!!

I am a huge FreeDrive fan, but some features seem to be lacking in FD at some moments, and this looks very promising...

When you do get around to introducing Speedcams, you might want to check this post I made earlier today... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...23&postcount=6

Also, I suggest you talk to guino and get stuff like direction indicators in RR supported if you havent already spoken to him about that...

I'm sure I will have more comments as I try this out...
                              Next priority is speedcams and daily logs, so comments and suggestions are welcome
                              Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Working...
                              X