This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Release] PowerVoice v1

What's new in this release? Well.... everything!
    This is a complete rewrite of NaviVoice. It is easy to configure, its fast, and it has nothing hardcoded into it.

How does it have nothing hard coded? Well... it uses vbscripting, so it is up to YOU to define the commands it will execute. For simplicity's sake, I used some examples using AutoIt.

So, if you want to control RR, code it. Media player? Code it.

How it works again: you say the hotkey name, and the program will start listening. Then it will reset the countdown timer when it recognizes a command.

The macros: the code that all the macros will use is defined in the PowerVoiceConfig. The rest of the code is defined in the GrammarBuilder. Make sure to follow the tree format as in the example. PowerVoice has the ability to combine commands, so if you define something in the root node, and then something else in the subnode, the subnode can call either the global enviroment (as defind in PowerVoiceConfig), the root node, and the subnode itself.

Any questions, comments, improvement suggestions... please let me know.
    Attached Files
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

This shĩt actually works yo!!!

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

Guess I'll have to check it out... dang it.
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
        Guess I'll have to check it out... dang it.
        Sweet! Please do and give feedback.

BTW: I know that I didn't implement the constantly listen and stop listening commands aren't working.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Nice job! Thank you for the post.

Comment

I can't make it work. I think i've set everything up, but nothing happens. Also the VU meter doesn't show anything. I'm using a microphone. I can hear myself but the program doesn't...

Comment

ya i downloaded navi voice and power voice and cant get either to install.... power voice has the three .exe but i have the same problem he ^ does

Comment

1) You have to have SAPI installed and working. This is probably why the VU meter isn't working...
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Is there somewhere i can read/learn how to code it for use with RR/MapMonkey/PhoCo and so on?

Comment

Wow! I just figured out that I forgot to include the function to have it automatically listen when the program gets turned on. DOH!
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Hi well does any one have a working file for the RR...
                      can some 1 pls post 1 here ( to get a helping hand and carry on from there )

thanks
                      Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
                      2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                      120 Gb Laptop HD
                      7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
                      Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
                      Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                      ----------
                      Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Comment

i quite fancy giving this a go, just so i can call it kit and pretend im in knight rider! lol

do i just download all 5 .rar files and extract then all into one file? if someone could advise me what i need to do to install it this would be great!

thankyou

Comment

Fantastic Job!!!!!!

Originally posted by neil_ross View Post
                          i quite fancy giving this a go, just so i can call it kit and pretend im in knight rider! lol

do i just download all 5 .rar files and extract then all into one file? if someone could advise me what i need to do to install it this would be great!

thankyou
                          Wow, you are the first person actually say, in public none the less, that you want to pretend you are David Hasslehoff! LOL!

It's pretty simple, just download the 5 files, and when you double click on the first one, it will extract evertyhing for you from all 5 .rar files automatically.

David, This looks Sweet! I happened to actually go up a directory from the RR forums, and saw this LOL This was the next step with my CarPC, adding Voice recognition! Perfect timing I must say! I'm gonna use a Push To Talk button, as I have found that is simply the best way in a noisy enviorment The nice thing about that is you can also have it send a command to your Front end when pressed, to mute the music/video or whatever.

I have been using Voice Recognition in my home for quite a few years now, with a program called HomeSeer. It's used to control lights, get weather, climate control, security arming and status... and about 1,000 things! It also uses VBscripting as a way of customizing and such, so this should be walk in the park!

EDIT:

I ran into one major issue trying to use this so far, and thought I would report back. When you issue a command, and NaviVoice responds, the mic remains unmuted, and the speech is intrepeded back into VR, and it sits there and has a nice little conversation with itself Using the afore mentioned Home Seer, when it speaks, it mutes the microphone until it has finished speaking, to avoid this problem.

On another note, and some searching, I found that RR has VR built into it! Learn something new every day! Great work on this app, but as I am using RR, I am gonna go the RR code route. Thanks for a great app though, and I am sure this will be very useful to a great many people!
                          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

How does one go about making an option tree sort of thing? (e.g. I say "music" then I can say either "next track" or "last track") I haven't been able to figure this one out yet. Also, how do I get it to tell me the time?

Comment

http://www.ronshardwebapps.com/tips/...altimedate.asp
                              Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                              X